• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. A-1

A-1 Practically Family

Different day, same jacket.
    [​IMG]

2. Bfd70

Bfd70 New in Town

A-1
    New to the site. Learning tons of stuff. Went to your web page and listened to your music. Really enjoyed it. You've got barrels of talent. If you're ever in concert several thousand miles closer i'll see a show.

tmitchell59, Fonzie and A-1 like this.
  3. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

ATF Tanker Jacket that I just received from CBI here on the forum. It's trimmer fitting on me than one would normally wear this style of jacket but I kind of like it like that. It handled a 32 degree ride into work today fine. The insulation is warm, soft and allows plenty of freedom of movement. The collar blocks the wind at my neck below my helmet well. I normally wear a neck gaiter when it's this cold outside and tried without and though not as well covered, the collar still did a good job blocking most of the wind. The light weight and easy movement is a nice break from my leather jackets. Leather still handles the wind better and would handle a slide better though.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. A-1

A-1 Practically Family

Thanks so much! Would love to play overseas some day.

5. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden One of the Regulars

A Lounge member was talking about "tunneling" recently.I guess your sleeve length is just how it should look in regard to the knit placement.

BobJ likes this.
  6. CBI

CBI Practically Family

looks great CaseChop!!!!!!

A-1 and casechopper like this.
  7. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

@casechopper
    I looked very similar, today, but with a sherpa-blouson. ;)

casechopper likes this.
  8. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

The sleeves are actually a bit short for riding but would be perfect for casual wear IMO. For riding they ride up quite a bit which is fine if I'm wearing gauntlet gloves but wouldn't be good with shorter cuff gloves.

Peter Bowden likes this.
  9. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Highwayman
    IMG_3033.JPG

10. handymike

handymike My Mail is Forwarded Here

Fantastic Nick!
    Please keep this one ;)

jonesy86, AeroFan_07 and nick123 like this.
  11. There are a few threads on this posted here in TFL if you search. I recommend anyone who's considering this, do their own research and determine if it's something they're willing to do as there are some risks to doing it.

Though the jacket was custom made to my measurements, I had Langlitz build the jacket on the looser side to allow for a hoodie or sweater. By soaking it (in my deep sink in the laundry room) in hot water for about 30 seconds and letting it air dry (took a couple days draped over a stand alone clothes hanger/dryer), with me putting it on occasionally to allow it to form better to my body shape, this not only snugged it up a little bit, especially in the bicep area, but also expedited the creasing, dulled the sheen and brought out a little bit more of the leather grain. I just think overall, it now looks better and feels more like MY jacket.

El Marro likes this.
  12. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nick, that looks perfect. Did you size down?

nick123 likes this.
  13. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Practically Family

Looks great Nick! The Highwayman is such a contemporary and cool casual easy to wear design, if I had to sell all but one, I'd probably keep my HWM.

nick123 likes this.
  14. I covet. Everything about this jacket is absolute perfection.

Agreed! This would be one I'd regret getting rid of. This is one of my favorites.

A-1 and nick123 like this.
  15. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Levi's sherpa leather:
    [​IMG]

El Marro, BobJ, A-1 and 7 others like this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

First one was too big, this one is perfect. Literally perfect. Again, this is what I wanted my HWM to fit.

A-1 and nick123 like this.
  17. Yes, I’m having fun posting in this thread.

Ok. Tell me true. Does this suck, or no? Yes, it’s an inexpensive e-Bay purchase, but it’t made of nice, thick cowhide...and it’s warm and comfortable...and I think the fit is pretty good...but...

Well...I see all the young guys in this thread wearing cool moto jackets, and I really want to wear one, too. But I’m worried that moto leather may not work for me. I asked Jackie for her opinion, and she dodged the question by asking why I would want to wear a moto jacket if I don’t own a moto. I countered by reminding her that she’s never questioned my MA-1s though I don’t own a F-86. And she likes my A-1, but I don’t have a Curtis Jenny.

So what do y’all think? Maybe I should just stick to something more age appropriate...and settle for a new tatoo?

AF

3CAB2162-7AD2-4B6A-82CB-EBA8FE06B51C.jpeg

JMax, galvestonokie, SFGII and 19 others like this.
  18. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

One size down, yes. I cannot state for fact if it's better to go down one or two sizes now...especially in regards to steer vs horse...very good possibility I just porked up. It fits much better than the old FQHH one I had. Perhaps another .75" of sleeve length would have been optimal but life's too short.

tropicalbob likes this.
  19. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

You should keep the jacket AND get a tattoo.

Joao Encarnado, Gamma68, A-1 and 4 others like this.
  20. Yes! Ladies and gents, I think Nick has scored the correct answer!

AF

A-1 likes this.