Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Add a straw cowboy hat and some dusty work boots, and you could stand around the Home Depot parking lot and look like you were waiting for someone to hire you for day labor! ;)

I am not sure that if that is a compliment . . . or something else . . . I will assume the best and say thank you. I guess this is an example of what we have been discussing in the "Footwear" thread. Today, I am wearing a day laborer costume.

It is rather ironic that, when wearing a Chimala henley, Omnigod jeans and a Rogue Territory selvedge jean jacket, I am directed to Home Depot for employment. All I need is a cardboard sign that reads:

WILL WORK FOR WORK WEAR

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Rolling on the floor laughing. Now, can you take a stab at this: ICW. FM. BL.TG. HR.
Any takers welcome.
I swear we have to put out a dictionary for us poor newbies to social media. I have no idea what ICW. FM. BL.TG. HR. means either. :)

It took me a while to figure out what FQHH, CXL, JC, LW, ELMC, ELC, GLWS, GW, RMC, SB, 50 Cal, A-1, A-2,
the word was in chaos, but on the 8th day God created emoticon.:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_Opraise the lord
Amen.

Woodyear

Familiar Face
Add a straw cowboy hat and some dusty work boots, and you could stand around the Home Depot parking lot and look like you
were waiting for someone to hire you for day labor! ;)

rogue-territory-supply-213-jpg.98511

What a bizarre thing to say to a person.

Reactions: A-1

BobJ

Practically Family
What a bizarre thing to say to a person.

It's actually a compliment on how realistically the brand new, high-end coat and jeans are distressed, aged and designed. The jacket, in particular, looks like it has spent time in field, ranch or factory, and been hand washed and lined dried a number of times. Nails the well worn, antique, vintage look.

Apologies to Superfluous if my post came across as critical.

Last edited:

BobJ

Practically Family
some harmless jab against workwear costume lately :p, all fine and in good spirit, at least until someone starts wearing pocket square on his denim jacket.:D

Exactly. Sometimes attempts at light-hearted humor on the internet can fail, because you can't transmit the tone of voice and the twinkle in your eye. Hence the winky emoticon. ;)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Exactly. Sometimes attempts at light-hearted humor on the internet can fail, because you can't transmit the tone of voice and the twinkle in your eye. Hence the winky emoticon. ;)
Yes, intonation, and humor can easily be misinterpreted with this medium. I wonder sometimes if I use the smiley face too much. :cool:

Reactions: A-1

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Too easy.

“I can’t wait for my bootlegger to get here”

See, we millennials are good for something after all...
i like millennials. My daughter and all her friends are millennials. We just don't always speak the same language. They called it the "generation gap" when I was young. This conflict between each successive generation has been probably going on forever. "Why you kids these days". :)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I double checked, and your right, just the same name and maker. @SuperperFlous has one that is much nicer than the latest model.

It's hard to keep up.

G'c

Familiar Face
Wearing my tony nowark "surrogates" jacket today. Got this from another member on filmjackets i think around two years ago... I love love love this jacket. I know others may prefer their Aeros and what not (which may be better quality), I think this is such a unique jacket as this was supposedly made custom to another customer, then on sold to a forum member, then sold to me... which somehow fits me perfectly. Also love the internal pockets it has (two on the left (one of them with zip), one on the right). Really love the thick but supple cowhide chosen.

Again sorry for the crappy selfies as it my wife would certainly roll her eyes big time if I asked her to take pics of me wearing these jackets lol.
IMG_1828.jpg
IMG_1829.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points