Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rogue Territory Supply Jacket looks pretty cool to me.

I really like Rogue Territory's clothing. Karl sources the finest fabrics from the US and Japan, and (almost) everything is made in Los Angeles. In addition to the RT selvedge denim Supply jacket, I also have a RT black waxed canvas, blanket lined Supply jacket (the blanket lining comes from Faribault Woolen Mills).

7ec0b2333c520dbc8fdd13bd7b26c0b1.jpg

Rogue Territory's jeans, shirts, and other products are also first rate.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my tony nowark "surrogates" jacket today. Got this from another member on filmjackets i think around two years ago... I love love love this jacket. I know others may prefer their Aeros and what not (which may be better quality), I think this is such a unique jacket as this was supposedly made custom to another customer, then on sold to a forum member, then sold to me... which somehow fits me perfectly. Also love the internal pockets it has (two on the left (one of them with zip), one on the right). Really love the thick but supple cowhide chosen.

Again sorry for the crappy selfies as it my wife would certainly roll her eyes big time if I asked her to take pics of me wearing these jackets lol. View attachment 98544 View attachment 98545

Nice. That's an exact copy of a 1940's Californian Sportswear half-belt - as worn in the film.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my tony nowark "surrogates" jacket today. Got this from another member on filmjackets i think around two years ago... I love love love this jacket. I know others may prefer their Aeros and what not (which may be better quality), I think this is such a unique jacket as this was supposedly made custom to another customer, then on sold to a forum member, then sold to me... which somehow fits me perfectly. Also love the internal pockets it has (two on the left (one of them with zip), one on the right). Really love the thick but supple cowhide chosen.

Again sorry for the crappy selfies as it my wife would certainly roll her eyes big time if I asked her to take pics of me wearing these jackets lol. View attachment 98544 View attachment 98545

So, tell me some more about filmjackets. I like to hear about decent quality leather jackets that don’t break the bank. Do you have a link you could post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-1

One Too Many
I really like Rogue Territory's clothing. Karl sources the finest fabrics from the US and Japan, and (almost) everything is made in Los Angeles. In addition to the RT selvedge denim Supply jacket, I also have a RT black waxed canvas, blanket lined Supply jacket (the blanket lining comes from Faribault Woolen Mills).

I also really like his stuff. To me it’s just sad he uses very modern cuts. But I can understand him. There is a greater audience for the modern stuff.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

The looks great! Who made the jacket?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
filmjackets are not a reliable source of jackets there have been many problems with people trying to get orders filled.

If you have to go that path go through Magnoli Clothiers. They make anything and have a good range.

G'c

Familiar Face
So, tell me some more about filmjackets. I like to hear about decent quality leather jackets that don’t break the bank. Do you have a link you could post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filmjackets is only a forum now discussing the jackets worn in films. The site owner Rick used to make jackets but I believe some issues occurred and people have yet received their orders (with a backlog of 3 to 4 years plus apparently). So my advice is don't bother ordering there now.

The looks great! Who made the jacket?

Thanks for the compliments jonesy.

Tony Nowak made this jacket. I believe since he passed away and his family is not in business anymore, these jackets are not produced anymore unfortunately....

G'c

Familiar Face

I also have RGT's waxed supply jacket in grey without lining. Whilst it's great to wear and robust without worrying it to be in pristine condition, it is just another canvas jacket to people not aware of them lol. My wife even went so far as to say: So THIS jacket with canvas costs you so and so much? haha. Not that it matters much as long as you yourself enjoy the jacket, like I do as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112