Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

konadog

Practically Family
lewis corsair. this thing breaks in nicely.

lewis1217.jpg
lewis1217b.jpg

G'c

Familiar Face

View attachment 98640 View attachment 98641

Such a great looking jacket Konadog! Love the "octagan" colour of the leather, the patina looks great too, and the fit is great for you. The only thing I am not too keen on lewis leathers is their label on the jacket. Is there any option to actually not have the logo? In my humble opinion without the logo it makes for a much cleaner jacket, especially for this great style.

konadog

Practically Family
Such a great looking jacket Konadog! Love the "octagan" colour of the leather, the patina looks great too, and the fit is great for you. The only thing I am not too keen on lewis leathers is their label on the jacket. Is there any option to actually not have the logo? In my humble opinion without the logo it makes for a much cleaner jacket, especially for this great style.

as many other LL owners will attest, there is no option to have them make without a logo, but in time the logo grows on you.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

nick123

I'll Lock Up
This is my favorite of your jackets. Looks good.

You're nuts but appreciate it. It's like 3 sizes too big. Got it for my dad who only wore it sparingly so I semi-took it from him lol. Neat Black Sheep insignia with a giant US flag chit on the back. It's my warmest jacket. Feels like it has an additional layer of fabric in the sleeves or something. Thanks.

BobJ

Practically Family

View attachment 98640 View attachment 98641

Wow! What a beautiful jacket! Stopped me in my tracks and eclipsed everything else on this forum. That must be the 'light brown sheep', right?

One of these, or the Dominator, in sheepskin, has been gnawing at my willpower for a couple years now. Yours just poured gasoline on the flames of my desire.

I have been thinking about getting it in the British Racing Green, with dark brown collar and dark brown gussets - inside the cuff zippers, but the leather on yours is so dang beautiful, it's making me re-think that.

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts about these things:

1. How is the freedom of movement in the arms and shoulders? Are the sleeves narrow and tight? Armholes high and small? Can you zip the sleeve cuffs closed? Is it comfortable to wear?
  2. Is the sheepskin thicker and stronger than lambskin? How does it compare in weight and flexibility with goat?
  3. What kind of lining did you get in the body and arms?
  4. Do you know how much it weighs? What size?
Sorry about all my questions, but I think if something happened to my jacket, and I could only have one jacket, it would be yours.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana