• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Cooper A-2

Cooper A-2 Practically Family

78279ED3-BEDB-4CD3-B6C1-AA4C7CB9AD5C.jpeg

Love my AO’s never go out without them...
    Golden frame 55’er size and polarized ( polarized ...not recommended inside the cockpit...I know...).

2. Cooper A-2

Cooper A-2 Practically Family

Fantastic jacket/grain/fit...and “sunnies”.
    This grain is almost impossible to get nowadays...A real stunner.

Flightengineer likes this.
  3. thor

thor One Too Many

7B72F936-F327-4BBE-81E5-A8F6B1C7F1C9.jpeg 0B74DC5D-9BC6-452B-B819-D5BD02FAE400.jpeg
    Big Nor’Easter hit NYC today; sheets of torrential rain and winds 20-40 mph. Truly a rough day out in the harbor.
    And by now it’s no surprise, I’m wearing a G-1.
    With all this rain, it would’ve been a perfect day to wear a new Aero FQHH or LW 4.0+oz horsehide jacket to help with the break-in.
    Not a day to wonder or worry about spotting or shrinkage or leakage in one’s outerwear! :p;)

Yahoody, 2wheelgrplr, seres and 13 others like this.
  4. thor

thor One Too Many

Hope everything turns out ok for the kitty!:)

Atticus Finch likes this.
  5. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat Practically Family

1203D19B-8FB1-497A-B3D4-A135F6291CF2.jpeg 67EB9239-BB56-498B-B7D1-53C69B3CD71A.jpeg Greetings All:
    Today it’s a Vanson cross zip. A recent arrival, too good to pass up at a good price. Fairly old, nice leather. It’s got some character i like.
    Be well. Bowen

6. The strong front that spawned your nor’easter blew through here last night about midnight. Thankfully, the tornadic weather that afflicted Greensboro had diminished some by the time it got over us. Still, it was blowing and squalling a bit uncomfortably, for a little while.

AF

7. Thank you! She’s an old cat...seventeen...so I watch her health pretty closely. The vet agreed that she has a UTI, which (I guess) is common in elderly cats. She’s much better now. She’s eating, drinking and sleeping, again. And those are the three fundamental pillars of cat existence.

AF

8. Bfd70

Bfd70 A-List Customer

Man! I’m tired just thinking about a tough day like that. Stay safe.

thor likes this.
  9. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

FINALLY it began acknowledging that it is being worn!

[​IMG]

10. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat Practically Family

I love this jacket! Bitchin!!
    Bowen

Monitor likes this.
  11. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

So do I. Of all the jackets I've had, I think this one I love the most. It's too short, it's boxy, the sleeves are too long and it's perfect.

jonesy86, JMax and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  12. Hh121

Hh121 A-List Customer

Aero Highwayman today, my Vanson needs some rest[​IMG]

torfjord, Vezio, Mich486 and 15 others like this.
  13. So Monitor you love a leather jacket no matter how it fits? I notice if the sleeves are too short, you are quick to comment..no they're not..they are perfect. If a jacket rides well above the belt..it's fine too, but do you actually wear jackets like that? How bout some of those fit pics just for fun..!!

14. That Highwayman looks great Hh121..!!

Monitor and Hh121 like this.
  15. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Not sure I get the point? This jacket is really short but it works for me. It's the way I want it to be. I understand that it may be too short for most people and I get it that it that it can be considered too short but it works for me. Same as you like longer sleeves. But yeah, I just love this jacket. It makes me feel cool...
    You know, for the most part, I agree with your fit assessment. Especially regarding the sleeves. I agree but I know that my idea of a perfect sleeve length isn't exactly what most people'd find acceptable. :)

jonesy86, El Marro, ton312 and 4 others like this.
  16. ksozay

ksozay One of the Regulars

So you're thinking about selling it then? I mean, at least this is what usually follows your statement. :)

HOLD ON TO THIS ONE!

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

I seriously will. This one stays.

Agreed.

I wonder why the shoulders on my HWM looked so off...

18. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Between this, your HB and Vanson you need nothing else. Take it from a true deadbeat leather junkie. You're good! Nothing left to explore. Get out while you can!

19. Too late for me!

Hh121 and ton312 like this.
  20. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It's too late for all of us. Stuck in pursuit of perfection that's been had, lost, had again, unrecognized and ah to Hell with it. I don't even know where I was going...at least my corpse will be covered in beautiful leather.