Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Aero 30’s half belt in brown CXL FQHH. This one is 18 months old and has been worn a lot. Have gained some weight lately so it is a tad too tight now unfortunately, but fits okey with just a shirt. I am still contemplating whether I should sell this or not. Might try to shed a few kilos first.

403b02aa1afcbf01658a93836a9acef1.jpg
75f1425df1ff07a37325add498e9f1d5.jpg
822b12e40cadc564715ca44e806d0670.jpg

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
Looks great to me. Be ashamed to not see how much better it looks in time.
How about that belt? It’s cool. Who made it?
Be well. Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Mine was made by Mid Western Sport Togs. It was one of the companies that you sent your salted deer hides to and they tanned them and made them into whatever jacket or other item that you picked out of their catalog of patterns. It was in Berlin Wisconsin, and I believe there was another company doing the same thing in the same town. Deerskin is some great leather.

Thanks,
Michael
Great info Michael. Wow wouldn’t it be nice if we could still do that!! I’d change my screen name to...BowenArrow. Great jacket.
Be well. Just Bowen

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Looks great to me. Be ashamed to not see how much better it looks in time.
How about that belt? It’s cool. Who made it?
Be well. Bowen

Thanks! I think one of the things that’s bothering me is that the weather in Sweden when you can wear just a jacket and shirt is not a lot of weeks a year, and I’d get more wear out of something I can layer with.

Glad you like the belt [emoji4]. It’s homemade by me. I’m currently enrolled in a school where I learn leather crafting and I made the belt as part of my training.

f38260dcb4a0928b99237ebfa0c84d53.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I think one of the things that’s bothering me is that the weather in Sweden when you can wear just a jacket and shirt is not a lot of weeks a year, and I’d get more wear out of something I can layer with.

Glad you like the belt [emoji4]. It’s homemade by me. I’m currently enrolled in a school where I learn leather crafting and I made the belt as part of my training.

f38260dcb4a0928b99237ebfa0c84d53.jpg

Very cool. You ought to make some and sell them. The buckle is outstanding. That natural leather will be amazing in time. Like your jacket.
Bowen

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great info Michael. Wow wouldn’t it be nice if we could still do that!! I’d change my screen name to...BowenArrow. Great jacket.
Be well. Just Bowen
I think there still are quite a few places you can send your hide and have it tanned. I haven't found any yet that turn them into garments. I think some may do gloves.

Thanks,
Michael

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lewis Leathers cyclone in black hh, just arrived today. Pretty pleased with the fit and the overall look. Jacket was ordered in January. Was a bit a jump in the dark as they are much less reviewed than Aero but I’m glad I took that leap. I might do a review when I find the time.

Leather is a super supple hh which is a joy to wear and requires no break in period at all. A completely different beast to CXL but also softer than Vicenza. Here are some bad fit pics:

8623b83d9afc2a62a22a4beac550c098.jpg

0d94eb3f04d972addec581715c4c51b7.jpg

08d7501a435933a176eb4ae94631ed54.jpg

04e76701e824e2f3c7bfe890b5cf8471.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really nice to see something a little different. I've never seen that jacket with the lapels closed and the collar buttoned before. Very cool and sort of sci-fi, like Farenhight 451 or something.

Mich486

One Too Many
Really nice to see something a little different. I've never seen that jacket with the lapels closed and the collar buttoned before. Very cool and sort of sci-fi, like Farenhight 451 or something.

Thanks! Yeah I like it as it has some sort of a minimalistic/futuristic flavour to me. As you say something different ;) Don’t think I’ll wear it much all zipped up but it looks cool ;)

Mich486

One Too Many
It still baffles me as why some taking 'fit pics' want to do so with their hands in their pockets. Can't tell fit of sleeves, ya see?

If this is directed at me well... I was just trying to be natural while taking the pictures didn’t think about letting the length police doing their work. But yeah they are short, very short.. just the way I spec them and I like them ;)

It was directed at those here who take 'fit' pics with hands in their pockets in many 'fit' pics, but goody for you that you prefer taking 'fit' pics that way, spec it that way, and like it that way. There are no 'fit' police here only a few who notice when it's difficult to see the whole 'fit'. Get the pic..??

Mich486

One Too Many
It was directed at those here who take 'fit' pics with hands in their pockets in many 'fit' pics, but goody for you that you prefer taking 'fit' pics that way, spec it that way, and like it that way. There are no 'fit' police here only a few who notice when it's difficult to see the whole 'fit'. Get the pic..??

Don’t know most of your comments seem to be about jacket/sleeve length often using a passive aggressive style whenever they don’t meet your standards hence the reference to the length police.

Anyhow I don’t want to argue as to how one should post pictures. I believe my pictures showed what jacket I was wearing in an accurate way.

Take it easy

Passive aggressive style? What kind of style are you using toward me? Nope I just give my opinion whether it gels with others or not. It is an honest opinion, yes concerning my standards..just as you and others put forward your likes and dislikes. I figure when a person puts up a photo of their new jacket he is doing so to get various reactions. Hopefully honestly rather just another feel good comment. Hey if you don't like my observations or even criticisms..then I just don't know what to tell you. I damn sure am not going to argue with you. I've presented my opinions and so have you so what else is there to rant on about?
HD

2v9dmrd.jpg

Levi's type 3 trucker

Great fit and perfect in the sleeves. For me, that is.

Just further fortifies the sad realization that the IH will never work for me... Ever. I'm sending mine back. I see pretty much everyone on IH forum wearing their jackets too short in the sleeves. Couldn't live with that.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I’m afraid the jacket wearing season is finally coming to a close here in eastern North Carolina. It was a nice, long, cold one, and I wore almost every jacket in my collection at least once. But I believe we’re now in the short rows. I still wear an A-2 over a thin t-shirt most mornings when I drive to coffee...especially if the doors are out of the Jeep. But by 10:00 the jacket’s mission is over. I’m usually in canvas shorts by lunch time.

I have several issued A-2s because I went through a phase, about ten years ago. Here are two of them...both 1998 Avirex jackets. I actually bought the one on the left first, but for some reason, the one on the right became one of my favorite jackets. It is definitely my favorite A-2. And, as you can see, even though I’m generally more of a G-1 guy, I pretty much lived in it for a few years.

63F799DF-C717-4995-BA11-136A38F78FE0.jpeg

AF

The Bates Highwayman came in and I wore it today. It is marked a 42. When compared to my Vanson Highwayman (also marked a 42), aside from the cosmetic changes like back yoke, zipper placement and pocket size, a few things stand out. One, the sleeves on the Bates are slimmer towards the hands. I like that but if you have true Popeye forearms it may be an issue. My Vanson Hardcore is the same way, tighter sleeves. The other, more important difference is that the drop from chest to waist is more severe on the Bates. On the Vanson I find that I have to tighten the belt much more than on the Bates. The Bates also has the snap by the bottom of the main zip, which I find glorious and wish Vanson would incorporate into their builds. The mouton neck liner is perfect, as was the large and heavy basket weave Sam Browne belt with brass hook buckle. I swapped out this belt with an extra Vanson belt I have (see pics) and put the Sam Browne belt on my Vanson Force. I think it looks better on a police-type jacket but may reinstall on the Bates. Here are some pics of the jacket.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

The Bates Highwayman came in and I wore it today. It is marked a 42. When compared to my Vanson Highwayman (also marked a 42), aside from the cosmetic changes like back yoke, zipper placement and pocket size, a few things stand out. One, the sleeves on the Bates are slimmer towards the hands. I like that but if you have true Popeye forearms it may be an issue. My Vanson Hardcore is the same way, tighter sleeves. The other, more important difference is that the drop from chest to waist is more severe on the Bates. On the Vanson I find that I have to tighten the belt much more than on the Bates. The Bates also has the snap by the bottom of the main zip, which I find glorious and wish Vanson would incorporate into their builds. The mouton neck liner is perfect, as was the large and heavy basket weave Sam Browne belt with brass hook buckle. I swapped out this belt with an extra Vanson belt I have (see pics) and put the Sam Browne belt on my Vanson Force. I think it looks better on a police-type jacket but may reinstall on the Bates. Here are some pics of the jacket.

View attachment 116057 View attachment 116058 View attachment 116059

Holy Gods in heaven this is perfection!

View attachment 116057 View attachment 116058 View attachment 116059
Man what a jacket!! And ya damn near stole it for the $$. That snap at the hem is brilliant and it saves the main zip from being stressed. Well done man. Well friggn' done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch