Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Handymike, I was very lucky to get this one.

Today - Vanson A2
IOVMWGth.jpg
KQSYeCXh.jpg

Hal

Practically Family
Classic sand-colour Trenchcoat, today.
Glad that such coats are still worn - one seems to see them ever more seldom.
I think that a classic trenchcoat is too long to be described as a "jacket" but there's no other category on this forum where you could write about a trerchcoat.
Did you wear a fedora/trilby with it?

Hal

Practically Family
Rarely. Normally with a classic flatcap.
Flat caps go very well with outdoor jackets (as your own postings show) and with single-breasted raincoats and overcoats, but trenchcoat plus fedora or trilby is the classical combination.
But the authentic Trenchcoat is extremely unusual in Germany of today. But I got the correct figure for it. :D
I'm afraid it's unusual everywhere, but it always looks good and flatters all figures. The more you wear yours, perhaps others will wear one more often too.

I'm afraid it's unusual everywhere, but it always looks good and flatters all figures. The more you wear yours, perhaps others will wear one more often too.

Todays functional membrane-jackets just suppressed the raincoats and still more the trenchcoats after the 90's.

Luckily, the progressive water-repellent and lightweighted microfibre-quilted jackets will surely succeed the classic rainwear and the heavy weighted waxed-cotton jackets in the future.

xmr

One of the Regulars
Luckily, the progressive water-repellent and lightweighted microfibre-quilted jackets will surely succeed the classic rainwear and the heavy weighted waxed-cotton jackets in the future.

Luckily?? I prefer my Barbour waxed jacket to any other jacket (and I was the only one from my family staying dry in a rainstorm).

Jackets made out of plastic aren't my cup of tea.

Hal

Practically Family
Todays functional membrane-jackets just suppressed the raincoats and still more the trenchcoats after the 90's.
Luckily?? I prefer my Barbour waxed jacket to any other jacket (and I was the only one from my family staying dry in a rainstorm).
Nor mine! They may be practical for outdoor pursuits but are not right for wearing with classical/traditional men's clothing. I'm sure you were drier than the others on that occasion in the rain.
But both Barbour jackets and those cited by Trenchfriend often have the disadvantage of being so short that rain will run off them and make one's trousers twice as wet. Give me a coat that reaches to or below the knee as a protection from wet and/or cold.

Nor mine! They may be practical for outdoor pursuits but are not right for wearing with classical/traditional men's clothing. I'm sure you were drier than the others on that occasion in the rain.
But both Barbour jackets and those cited by Trenchfriend often have the disadvantage of being so short that rain will run off them and make one's trousers twice as wet. Give me a coat that reaches to or below the knee as a protection from wet and/or cold.

That's, why I'm happy to have my Hugo Boss classic navy-blue and HEAVY water-repellent raincoat with garment-length 95 cm. :D Even breathable and just allround.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Yes, this site honours vintage materials, workmanship and styles. Hard to see how that awful packer's gear belongs. I have waxed cotton too - far nicer than the modern plastic,micro fibre stuff.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab

I had and sold my Barbour jacket. I loved the way it looked and it kept me dry on the outside, but I found that I would sweat quite a bit as the jacket didn't breathe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto