Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Similar - I'm looking at the Mutt Mongrel currently. http://www.muttmotorcycles.com/bikes/ Something of a ratbike vibe to it. Got to start with a 125 for learner legal in the UK, though they also have 250 models now.

Ah yes, I think I've seen their ads or a brief write up about them in one of the UK classic bike mags. Very smart looking indeed, and yes, a stylish small-capacity bike like this is just perfect for city commuting and to start off your motorcycle journey. Before you know it you'll be on a bigger Bonneville / Royal Enfield / Ducati Scrambler / SR400 ... and in the meantime you'll have tons of fun, while looking good all the time on these classy bikes - way more than on some nondescript scooter or other options in the 125cc range. I wouldn't mind that New Imperial 400 myself!

If I had it to do over again, I would probably have gone with the Zard. I like the Arrow, but I think the Zard fits the look of the Scrambler better.

That's who we (the club) had do our sweaters. The patch on the front and the lettering on the back are chenille patches stitched to the sweater. A little pricey, but top notch for sure.

That's what made me go with the Zard shorty pipes in the end, thought it went well with the short "bulldog" look I was going for (rear fender delete, etc)

Top notch sweaters for sure. I'll definitely wear mine this winter! Bro, yet again you've influenced my sartorial decisions - first the Vanson Comet PLU3 + Bonneville look, and now this Dehen club sweater ;)

That's awesome! It's really all custom. Back is a Model A & B mix. Inside sleeve zips, too. Beyond awesome!

EXACTLY!!! And that's what I asked Vanson - to please convert the back from a traditional Model A to more of a Model B. They switched to smaller shoulder gussets, kept the elongated Model-A lower back, deleted the side adjustment straps as well as the two front pockets, keeping only the chest pocket and one inside pocket - I've found that's enough for a wallet, bike documents and phone. Yes, pretty much a one-off custom jacket now! The more I wear it the more I'm liking it! But like y'all mentioned earlier, with 5-7 other jackets in the rotation, it's gonna be a while before this fellow is fully broken in!

eWyA1aoA2b_YhySa4vLOkt-3kRZnuod6LE_kPOiJ6Q2LR1OHRzbxzANDW13AxEd3nenwf4Jou8M=w1708-h960-no

x8VQKafie3FF7bSmd-_jqmnoyssShgVW8z8l1wZIKDxz2zNR8KQzHImwwvTAdYMdZhJ1s33BnI4=w1708-h960-no
uRgqRKXSRkf8xCtQlxnxjFPJsBWN0bG-rSYdc2ZNwacFRbUSv2MG674_yG52785882Uz_hZ__v8=w1708-h960-no
5npn8ziFBuYq2Cifva0wzukydTtYRmdxsGnaTJO5ioSRQXneva4yqlp15CbNUWu8RNmmTGg59QE=w1708-h960-no

Insanely cool!

Technonut

Practically Family
It was actually cool enough in these mountains this morning to wear my vintage late 30's / early 40's long-sleeve pullover, and Willis & Geiger NA-1 jacket. The NA-1 was W&G's rendition of the US Navy 37J1B flight jacket.

These are getting as hard as hen's teeth to find in good condition nowadays, and I consider myself fortunate to have snagged one which fits so well. The jacket is lined, and extremely comfortable. It is constructed from a 'tamer' version of the original Bedford Cord used by the Navy, and well made.

IMG_3081_zpswpvigido.jpg

IMG_3080_zpsvits6cvr.jpg

(Before someone asks 'why the no-face pics, then show one?', I simply didn't like the way my smile turned-out, and didn't have time to redo them ;) )

IMG_3083_zpswe99aoyy.jpg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
That's just an awesome jacket and the leather seems to be getting better looking all the time (and it looked fantastic from the get go). And you designed it! You'd be crazy not to be wearing it! It's exactly what I've been trying to get out of my jackets for damn near 20 years!!!
Thanks Ton, this leather do show creases and losing surface smoothness in higher rate, and I don't have any idea how it would look in 2 yrs.

What Ton said.

What kind of stitching is that on the inside of the sleeves?
thanks Mon! the inside of the sleeve where? do you mean by the opening or how the sleeve attached to the shoulder or along the sleeve inside of the arm?
-by the opening, there is no stitching visible, it was only folded inside and joined with the sleeve liner.
-around the shoulder, it was stitched only from inside, so also no visible stitches
-same as above for the inside of the arm, 3 panels sleeve

Edward

Bartender
Ah yes, I think I've seen their ads or a brief write up about them in one of the UK classic bike mags. Very smart looking indeed, and yes, a stylish small-capacity bike like this is just perfect for city commuting and to start off your motorcycle journey. Before you know it you'll be on a bigger Bonneville / Royal Enfield / Ducati Scrambler / SR400 ... and in the meantime you'll have tons of fun, while looking good all the time on these classy bikes - way more than on some nondescript scooter or other options in the 125cc range. I wouldn't mind that New Imperial 400 myself!

Insurance and running costs wise, I'm not seeing myself on any of the really big beasts, but eventually to RE Classic 500 does appeal. Though the New Imperial line of the Mutt stuff is very nice indeed, and they're talknig now about 250 and 400 versions of the Mutt. Assuming I can sort the parking space and justify the cost, I could even see a Mut5t staying around while there was also something bigger there. I quie fancied the idea of an Enfiled with a side car (new skill to learn riding, I know), but Herself is pretty insistent that she'd feel safe going pillion, but not in a sidecar. I think it's a real shame you don't see those around often any more. The sidecar as working man's family transport. Died out in the sixties, alas, with the car boom on the one hand and the decline of the British motorcycle industry as the result on the other.

Back OT, yet again today an accursedly hot September sees me out in naught but a Summer - weight tweedy blazer, though I have been able to manage a furfelt hat for the first time in months with it - an Akubra Campdraft Deluxe in silverbelly. Hopefully my much-missed lether jackets will soon be able to get a turn out.... I'd hate to have another year like 2012 into 2013, where it went from far too warm for leather straight to parak weather and back, with not a day in between.

Thanks Ton, this leather do show creases and losing surface smoothness in higher rate, and I don't have any idea how it would look in 2 yrs.

thanks Mon! the inside of the sleeve where? do you mean by the opening or how the sleeve attached to the shoulder or along the sleeve inside of the arm?
-by the opening, there is no stitching visible, it was only folded inside and joined with the sleeve liner.
-around the shoulder, it was stitched only from inside, so also no visible stitches
-same as above for the inside of the arm, 3 panels sleeve

Yep, that's what I meant, along the sleeve. It looked like this.

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Navetsea, Monitor, thank you! Well Im actually an illustrator so when the work lets me and got some time I like to draw my own obsessions! That implies leather jackets or video games for instance. Glad you like my work.

Hello Tommy, thanks, its an Eastman.

I've noticed some very accurately drawn Perfectos and A2s, which is a thing of rarity even in the best character illustrations. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ