Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What modern invention/innovation do you wish had *never* been developed?

I must be old, that makes no sense to me!

It was a comedian...he was poking fun at the silliness of someone using their phone to send a text, which the other party would also read on their phone, asking for the receiving party to then use that same phone to place a call to the party that just sent them a text on *their* phone, implying it would just be easier to use your phone to call the other person in the first place.

It's not really funny when you explain it.

It was a comedian...he was poking fun at the silliness of someone using their phone to send a text, which the other party would also read on their phone, asking for the receiving party to then use that same phone to place a call to the party that just sent them a text on *their* phone, implying it would just be easier to use your phone to call the other person in the first place.

It's not really funny when you explain it.

More easily explained, it is just exposing the ridiculous by displaying it in reverse. Instead of texting to say call me, call and say text me. Both are a waste of time when you could have called in the first place and saved time and effort. :p Yes, texting saves so much time and miscommunication. My friend nearly broke up with his girlfriend because text just can’t get across the nuance of speech. lol lol

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
They ain't imaginary. You'll see when all of them end up on your lawn after legalized dope. lol lol

I have my own Long Hairs they can meet!
02_under_armour_zps659cb5c4.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Our Long Hairs can gut and skin a Hippie in less then twenty minutes! Don't believe all the hype, when I pass the different shops, the parking lots are not close to full, and no Hippie buses in sight!

They must have cut their hair, washed their cloths and took baths, because, I have not seen any this year! I think they love you too much to move!

Subvert from within.

Their operatives are already there, and more deeply entrenched than you can imagine.:eek:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'd like to know the name of the Boy From Marketing who suggested the idea of printer toner cartridges that automatically shut the printer down when they reach a predetermined toner level, and make it impossible to squeeze out every last bit of the toner you paid for by taking the cartridge and beating it on your desk to redistribute the contents. Because if I knew his name I could hunt him down and beat him to a greasy pulp with one of his own $77 cartridges. And maybe then I could get all the toner I paid for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points