• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What Pipe Tobacco Are You Smoking Today ?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by TREEMAN, Oct 10, 2017.

1. TREEMAN

TREEMAN Practically Family

If Three Nuns in not on your radar............... IT SHOULD BE !!

2. TREEMAN

Dunhill Navy Rolls has become a favorite tobacco for me. Funny how initially I didn't care for it. It is a medium- strong blend and imo shouldn't be smoked after smoking a very strong tobacco. Great for all day or first thing in the morning.....which is what i'm doing rite now !! Enjoy !!

3. TREEMAN

Nothing like a Latakia blend before bedtime on a cold night !!

4. TREEMAN

Breaking in a new pipe SUCKS !!!

5. TREEMAN

I have an affair going on with Three Nuns for the last couple of days......and I'm loving it !!

6. TREEMAN

DNR today.......all day !!

7. TREEMAN

Last night I had a wonderful time with Dan....Dan Tobacco that is !! Old Ironsides............HA HA HA HA ...

8. TREEMAN

The world would be a better place with more pipe smokers in it........

9. TREEMAN

A nice laid back Sunday.....Three Nuns will fit the bill perfectly...........None Better !! Or should I say Nun Better !!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  10. TREEMAN

Little bit of a head cold last day or so. Doesn't help with the taste of tobacco by any means.........

11. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

From the now-defunct David Erlich pipe makers/Tobacconists, through the other (remaining) store owned by the family, "Leavitt & Peirce Tobacconists," in Cambridge, Massachusetts... Black and Gold, a lovely Aromatic that almost never gets a wrinkled nose.

My favorite comment about the room-note from Black & Gold came from one of a pair of young women at my home many years ago, who said to her friend, "MMmmmm... doesn't that smell just so wonderfully 'masculine?!"

http://www.leavittandpeirce.com/product-page/black-gold ... For those who are interested. They just began an online presence last year. Old school!!

Bamaboots and Desert dog like this.
  12. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

Speaking of aromatics & their room notes, I bought a tin of Sutliff's Molto Dolce when it first came out & was all the rage. To me it was like smoking Play-Doh & after trying 2-3 bowls I traded away the rest of the tin.

IMG_4311.JPG

Bamaboots, hatsRme and Desert dog like this.
  13. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

Play-Doh is much harder to light, Jack.

14. Hurricane Jack

Never tried but would think with all that oil in it Play-Doh would light easily.

15. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

Now I HAVE to try it...

16. Hurricane Jack

They have a very effective advertising campaign.

IMG_4319.JPG

17. TREEMAN

INDEED !!!

18. TREEMAN

Pirate Kake hit the spot today !!

19. Scooterz

Scooterz One of the Regulars

RLP6 in a nording freehand. Dandelion seeds and feathers never appealed to me before....

20. earl

earl One of the Regulars

I only smoke 2 blends, MacBaren Old Dark Fired and C&D Odessa. So, today and everyday both of them.:)