Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Stratoliner Color?

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
So I got my refund from EA on the non existent CD Silverbelly and promptly went over to The Hattery and bought one. Shipped the same day......here's hoping this one doesn't get lost like my last order from them

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I think the proportions are a bigger factor between the Stratoliner and the Campdraft. The higher crown and wider brim of the Campdraft are appealing to me.

Stratoliner in Silverbelly (below):

0884bf84bfe486d06acdda0c189d5a46.jpg
9a3caf69ba3a8df4ecbaf91fa09a763a.jpg

Campdraft in Silverbelly (below):

6d60187aef7839b4d2ab315c96c559c1.jpg
e7fa061ecd7415fc8422f9ede862c919.jpg

Definitely different shades, but I don't think I have a favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akubra Silverbelly is actually Sand , not Silverbelly , but its close enough for Horseshoes .

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
So it looks like I'm succumbing to the "buy another hat itch" I've been agonizing over another Campdraft or a first time Stratoliner. I like that I can get a Campdraft for 99.00 but not willing to wait 3 months. Then I see that Delmontico has a 15% off coupon which brings the Stratoliner down to 145. So I'm going to go a Stratoliner but torn between the Silverbelly and the Walnut. Any opinions as to which color is more vibrant and more versatile?
Thanks

Love my Siverbelly Strat! Got my best compliments on that one.

faux silverbelly

New in Town
What color is the modern Stetson Stratoliner "peacock"? Like Stetson's "Silverbelly", does this color change in photos, what color would you call it? In the few photos, I have seen I would call this "Blue-Black". Is this accurate?

dragfree

New in Town
What color is the modern Stetson Stratoliner "peacock"? Like Stetson's "Silverbelly", does this color change in photos, what color would you call it? In the few photos, I have seen I would call this "Blue-Black". Is this accurate?
I have one en route. Will post some pics in warm and cool light so you can see for yourself.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

It is really hard to describe the colors. Thank goodness for the Pantone color charts. Would it not be wonderful if attire manufactures would use such a definitive system. Not going to happen, but it is possible. BTW: Pantone Color of the Year is Very Peary (blue color family), https://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2022 .

Your color description, I believe is correct. It should be a very eye catching hue.

I describe peacock as a blue-green felt hue. I have seen pics of historic Stetson magazine/newspaper advertising mentioning Peacock as a color hue. In previous discussions it was mentioned that Peacock was a bluegreen. When I googled up Stratoliner Peacock, https://sids-clothing.com/products/stetson-stratoliner-dress-hat?variant=39583183831122, the hat comes up showing blue-green felt. I just linked a random site - no reason for this vendor.

Hope I have added to the conversation. Cheers, Eric -

It is really hard to describe the colors. Thank goodness for the Pantone color charts. Would it not be wonderful if attire manufactures would use such a definitive system. Not going to happen, but it is possible. BTW: Pantone Color of the Year is Very Peary (blue color family), https://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2022 .

Your color description, I believe is correct. It should be a very eye catching hue.

I describe peacock as a blue-green felt hue. I have seen pics of historic Stetson magazine/newspaper advertising mentioning Peacock as a color hue. In previous discussions it was mentioned that Peacock was a bluegreen. When I googled up Stratoliner Peacock, https://sids-clothing.com/products/stetson-stratoliner-dress-hat?variant=39583183831122, the hat comes up showing blue-green felt. I just linked a random site - no reason for this vendor.

The color looks a lot like Akubra’s bluegrass green. I’m interested to see it in the wild. Thanks for the link.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
20200114_142415.jpg
20210807_202707.jpg

Here is my 50s Peacock green Strat. I would be hard pressed to say there was any blue in it. Gray-green or dusky green would be my best descriptors.

dragfree

New in Town
faux silverbelly:

New Peacock Strat was just delivered. I stepped outside to snap a couple of pics in full sun and deep shade. As you can see (unless you suffer from tritan color blindness) it's a highly saturated blue-green color that's more greenish in warm light and more blue in cool light.

(Pay no attention to the man beneath the hat. He's there only because he works cheap.)
Peacock Strat full sun.jpg

Peacock Strat deep shade.jpg

faux silverbelly:

New Peacock Strat was just delivered. I stepped outside to snap a couple of pics in full sun and deep shade. As you can see (unless you suffer from tritan color blindness) it's a highly saturated blue-green color that's more greenish in warm light and more blue in cool light.

(Pay no attention to the man beneath the hat. He's there only because he works cheap.)
View attachment 399068
View attachment 399069

Reminds me a lot of the Stylemaster in bluegrass green. Nice hat!

faux silverbelly

New in Town
faux silverbelly:

View attachment 399068
View attachment 399069

Thanks for the pics! Great color, it's a winner!

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
faux silverbelly:

View attachment 399068
View attachment 399069
Love the color!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ