Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I watched one of my favorite Supernatural episodes, "The French Mistake." Dean and Sam get sent to an alternate reality where they are the actors playing in the show "Supernatural." It's incredibly well done.

Still have an episode of each to go, but watched two more episodes of "Indian Summers" and "Home Fires" on PBS. Really surprised there isn't more chatter about these really well done period pieces on this site. Yes, there is a bit of formula to the stories, a bit of seen that before, but no more so than most shows and the period details, sets, items, etc. are incredible. The shows are period eye candy for FL fans.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
It was nice to leave off (I return to my deployment later today) with a "one off", we love those episodes where it focusses on one traditional hunting issue!

See you all again from the Med!

Yeah, I love the episodes that show them hunting. Those are some of the best episodes, IMO.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Still have an episode of each to go, but watched two more episodes of "Indian Summers" and "Home Fires" on PBS. Really surprised there isn't more chatter about these really well done period pieces on this site. Yes, there is a bit of formula to the stories, a bit of seen that before, but no more so than most shows and the period details, sets, items, etc. are incredible. The shows are period eye candy for FL fans.

I really need to get caught up on Home Fires. When I went to England, I missed a few episodes and since I've been back, I haven't taken the time to watch them, being too consumed with other duties. Hope to do that over the Thanksgiving break!

I really need to get caught up on Home Fires. When I went to England, I missed a few episodes and since I've been back, I haven't taken the time to watch them, being too consumed with other duties. Hope to do that over the Thanksgiving break!

Nice bit of irony, too busy visiting England to see a TV show about England :). Of course, to see the England of "Home Fires," you'd have had to have traveled by time machine.

Stand By

One Too Many
Boy, I wish I was watching season 3 of Mad Men for the first time! The season's final run of episodes are some of the series' greatest.

While Mad Men was wonderful right out of the box and remained so up until the end, having watched the series multiple times now, I firmly believe that it peaked in seasons 3 through 5. There's nothing wrong with seasons 1, 2, 6, or 7... but there's a sense of continuous improvement and surprise in the middle seasons that's really something special. (The show's single best episode is probably season 4's "The Suitcase" - I'm still annoyed that Hamm and Moss didn't win Emmys for it!)

And Basket of Kisses is an outstanding resource. I sometimes also post over there as Doctor Strange.

Well, that's encouraging!
We finished Season 4 last night and I now have to reconsider my earlier comment that "It's a drama without a lot of drama" ! Fantastic stuff !! Loving it!

Stand By

One Too Many
Heroes Reborn. Happy to see it gaining momentum. Almost lost me. & am quite surprised one of the past characters whose resurfaced as a villain. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

Trying to stay on board with this one, but missed last week. Will have to look it up on demand. :)

Glad to hear it's worth watching!
I'm working my way through the last season of the original Heroes series and am really enjoying it - but, at the same time, fearing it comes to a juddering and incomplete end as I know it got cancelled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points