Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

zaika

One Too Many
Last night I caught up with all the shows my DVR recoreded for me during the week. America's Next Top Model, Ghost Hunters, LA Ink (I wish they put more footage of the actual tattooing part on the show...), um...then I watched the season premiere of The Office. Hysterical, as usual. I don't laugh easily at TV shows, especially when I watch by myself...but this one always gets me giggling.
Tonight I'll catch up with last night's Daily Show and Colbert Report.
I watch entirely too much TV. :(

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
...then I watched the season premiere of The Office. Hysterical, as usual. I don't laugh easily at TV shows, especially when I watch by myself...but this one always gets me giggling.
Tonight I'll catch up with last night's Daily Show and Colbert Report.
I watch entirely too much TV. :(

I just finished disc 3 of last season of The Office--really enjoying it. Pam hugging Michael at the art show (sob!). I forgot the premier was last night (see why I end up watching everything on DVD). Darn!

Did you catch Stephen and Tony Bennett singing "Who's Got the Last Laugh?". Love that show.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Finished The Office (US) season 3 :)

Tee hee. It was a hoot! But the end of the season kinda seak up on me. I was all "Thats it!? Aw man!"

Now I have on its way to me a new British mini series Jekyll. Hope its good.

LD

Lady Day, we're on the same viewing schedule--Jekyll is up next for me when I return the Season 3 Office discs. We could have great tv viewing parties if it weren't for this pesky continent between us.

zaika

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
I just finished disc 3 of last season of The Office--really enjoying it. Pam hugging Michael at the art show (sob!). I forgot the premier was last night (see why I end up watching everything on DVD). Darn!

Did you catch Stephen and Tony Bennett singing "Who's Got the Last Laugh?". Love that show.

At first I hated The Office because the first couple of shows were almost exactly like the UK version...which I saw first and adored. But it really has grown into itself. I really loved the finale of season 3. No telling though! haha!!

I taped The Colbert Report, so tonight I'll catch up. I can't wait to see Colbert SINGING. lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
At first I hated The Office because the first couple of shows were almost exactly like the UK version...which I saw first and adored. But it really has grown into itself. I really loved the finale of season 3. No telling though! haha!!

I taped The Colbert Report, so tonight I'll catch up. I can't wait to see Colbert SINGING. lol

I felt exactly the same way about The Office--I'd have stopped watching in the middle of the first season if friends hadn't told me it got better. The writing is good but I really think it's the actors who make that show.

Colbert and Bennett were both fantastic. You saw him with Manilow last year, didn't you?

According to a taping report, Stephen broke out into a spectacular version of "Fly Me to the Moon" prior to a taping last week but since it was before the show it's lost to the ages. I really, really wish they taped the preshow Q&A he does--I've been to a couple of tapings now they're consistently hysterical.

Totally different genre but whenever I'm depressed King of Glory cheers me right up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2aE6DvHDc

zaika

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
I felt exactly the same way about The Office--I'd have stopped watching in the middle of the first season if friends hadn't told me it got better. The writing is good but I really think it's the actors who make that show.

Colbert and Bennett were both fantastic. You saw him with Manilow last year, didn't you?

According to a taping report, Stephen broke out into a spectacular version of "Fly Me to the Moon" prior to a taping last week but since it was before the show it's lost to the ages. I really, really wish they taped the preshow Q&A he does--I've been to a couple of tapings now they're consistently hysterical.

Totally different genre but whenever I'm depressed King of Glory cheers me right up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2aE6DvHDc

NO i didn't see him with manilow!!! i'll have to scour youtube.
btw...that video?? HYSTERICAL. still laughing. thank you for sharing that...i fave'd it. ;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
i knew i could count on you. :) boy, and he SINGS too! not badly at all. rawr. lol

You don't even want to get me started on Colbert clips--Cooking with Feminists (making a pie with Gloria Steinem and Jane Fonda), tumbling with Amy Sedaris and Paul Dinello, O'Reilly commenting on how Colbert "blew him right away" (with a comment he made, of course).

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
imoldfashioned said:
Lady Day, we're on the same viewing schedule--Jekyll is up next for me when I return the Season 3 Office discs. We could have great tv viewing parties if it weren't for this pesky continent* between us.

REALLY! Wow! Thats amazing! lol

*silly continent

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I finished Jekll, the BBC mini series, and boy oh boy was it beyond cheesy. The pace of it was so strange. Right in an intense dramatic scene, the dialogue would brake and they would chat about something COMPLETELY unrelated and not even relevant OR something that didnt need explaining. The editing was slow, a lot of camera filters and transitions, the actors were fine, but these characters, with their millions of dollars in scientific technology, sure did a lot of horror movie logic. "Hes down, but I cant see his face, he must be dead, Ill just turn around and keep doing what Im doing." :eusa_doh:

Next is Jericho, a drama that Im looking forward to. The actor was on a show that I really liked called Miracles that got axed before its time.

LD

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
I finished Jekll, the BBC mini series, and boy oh boy was it beyond cheesy...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this LD. It sounds like it was bad cheesy and not good cheesy too, if that makes any sense!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im watching Jericho now. Its about a town near Denver who deals with the result of nuclear explosions all over the country. They have no contact with anyone outside of their town. It pretty interesting.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Finished Jericho and I really loved it! Spys, survival of towns, war and personal sacrifice. It was all there. Seeing soldiers emerge from ordinary men and women, people try and take advantage of situations, and seeing how myopic your view can get with no realatable information fasinated me in the pace of this show.

It was very disturbing seeing this 'new' American flag that they had. The season leaves off with the intent of focusing on the question "Who did this?" where as "What do we do now?" was the focus of season one.

I dont know if the story can go past two season because of the pacing, but I sure hope it gets a full seocond season, and not just its 6 eps mid season replacement.

LD

Starius

Practically Family
So far this evening, I've watched the latest episode of Supernatrual and then I watched the first episode of a Japanese animated show called "Moyashimon" about a college student in Japan who goes to a agricultural university and can see microbes, germs, and bacteria with the naked eye.

You have to admit, thats a interesting premise for a show. ;)
Who knew that microbes could be so cute. Apparently the ones that live around toilets like to play Capture the Flag.

You can view the opening sequence of the show here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GuqqeYyrxAQ
(I find the opening sequence rather relaxing in a somewhat surreal sort of way. Microbes go dancing about in a real life environment. Its almost like therapy for germophobes.)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
deadpandiva said:
Scubs The last season was lacking and this season's not looking any better so far.

Aw dont say that :( I finished season 5 on DVD and I read a crappy spoiler for their final season. I guess Ill just have to wait until its out on DVD to find out,

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk