Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

And it's basically Sherlock, but in a hospital.
Essentially, yes, though it's loosely based on the original novels and not the crime drama with Benedict Cumberbatch. I think the producers and writers have even confirmed that; "House" instead of "Holmes", "Wilson" instead of "Watson", and so on. Except I think House had access to a wider array of drugs. :D

Essentially, yes, though it's loosely based on the original novels and not the crime drama with Benedict Cumberbatch. I think the producers and writers have even confirmed that; "House" instead of "Holmes", "Wilson" instead of "Watson", and so on. Except I think House had access to a wider array of drugs. :D

"House" kinda folded in on itself in its last season or so, but until then, that was an outstanding show.

Last edited:

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Tyrant. This show was never that great. The production values are out of sight; aside from the occasional video game-esque CGI, like when an explosion or battle scene is in play and the strangely amateurish city scenes that look like they went to the local sandbox to film. Otherwise, it's a nice looking show. A collection of stunningly beautiful actresses. Does anyone else think this feels like it was made to order? Meaning: the network decided they wanted a Middle Eastern conflict series loosely based on reality, so they shopped it to the agents of writers. The difference being that it wasn't a writer, writers, or executive producers who came up with a story and then pitched it to the networks. I believe this is the second Middle Eastern series on FX. The first one was put together by the hall of fame producer Steven Bochco (Over There) and failed. Some bean counter with clout over at FX says their numbers show there is room for a Middle Eastern conflict series, and they're stubbornly set on having one. Like many (most?) other shows, Tyrant has never felt like it knows where it is going. They don't feel like they're exploring any idea or story. "This is actually happening in the world. Throw it in there. We'll work it in there somehow." The more they go into the hospital, the more it feels like an over the top daytime soap opera. Anyone else feel it has a weird, pointless vibe that really only serves to have the Middle East in a drama on the network?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Book TV: Lincoln's General's Wives. Very interesting. Looking at Jessie Benton Fremont, Ellen Mary McClellan, Ellen Ewing Sherman and Julia Boggs Dent Grant. The two later men prove the old saying that, "behind every great man, is a great woman!" The two former General's also prove that old adage, just in a different way.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Suits. Another show that was never that great, but if this season 6 premiere is any indication, it has officially come off the rails. There was more cheesy, eye-roll, locker room jock level of intellect in the first ten minutes than I can remember since maybe the 80s. They met their quota for brain dead dialog before the first commercial...and it continued for the entire episode!

Mr.Robot. I admit that I'm not sure I'm following the story, but I love how this show is put together (including the storylines that are now confusing me). The editing is brilliant; maybe the best on TV right now. Great soundtrack, and the way they use it is perfect. A Clockwork Orange is proud and done justice. Having said that, I feel they're relying too much on the top shelf music and editing. I'm concerned it is going to get stale if they don't advance the story and characters.

Hell on Wheels. I wouldn't at all be disappointed if they somehow lost the final episode to a computer crash. A call to hackers: delete that sucker and save me from wasting another hour of my life.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Finished up Lost in Austen, currently on episode 4 of Anzac Girls, and only a couple of episodes into Jericho (the BBC historical drama, not the post-nuclear war series). And, of course, Cops and Cops Reloaded.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
And we see more than once that House's apartment building is numbered "221," and his apartment is "B."

And we see more than once that House's apartment building is numbered "221," and his apartment is "B."

Wilson was a wonderful Watson doppelgänger - some bumbling, but very smart and, while not as smart as House / Holmes, had the ability to challenge House, to push him, to make House maximize his smarts and become a better person.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
After the season finale of Game of Thrones, Hubby and I started watching the entire show again from season 1, episode 1. I didn't watch all of it with him when he watched it the first time around, so watching it now is filling in a bunch of information for me that was missing before. We are on season2, episode 10 now. Thank goodness for OnDemand!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto