Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
AHS. I'm into this first episode. And why isn't Sarah Paulson talked about at the highest levels? Role choices? Because she is really, really good in everything I've seen.

Watched half of Masterpiece's "Churchill's Secret" last night. So far, his son Randolph is coming off as quite the, what's the word for it, oh yeah, *ss.

The show is beautifully filmed, but focusses more on Churchill's family's reaction to him being, potentially, near death and less on the ramifications for the government and the efforts to hide it (that stuff is there, but secondary to the family stuff).

I assume the scenes at Chartwell, Churchill's country home and where he recovered from his stroke, were shot there - that's how it looks to me with my very limited knowledge of Chartwell - but boy is that a handsome home.

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Chopped Canada: Redemption. Four first-round losers faced off against each other. Oh, to have been the one forced off first - again. This was after turning off the Jays throwing another one away, though the 13-minute bee delay was kinda funny.

Watched the penultimate episode of "Ray Donovan" last night and will watch the final tonight. I am assuming this will wrap up the the entire series as, after all, how much crap can one guy and one family take. Now is the time to end it with grace before it becomes totally implausible.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I hate to burst your bubble, but Sirna Kolrami was played by Roy Brocksmith. David Lander played a tactician in that episode, not Kolrami.
Hm! IMDb did say "Tactician" next to Lander's name, and I presumed somebody had made a mistake on the site. Ah well. That'll larn me not to jump to conclusions.

("I did not jump. I took a tiny step, and there conclusions were.")

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Two episodes of Have Gun-Will Travel from 1959: "The Golden Toad," in which Paladin gets involved with a male farmer and female cattle rancher, both desperate for water and feuding over possible Indian buried treasure; and "Tiger," in which a pompous hunter believes he's cursed, doomed to be killed by a tiger; he's heard of Paladin's past safari prowess, and hires him as anti-feline bodyguard. Both were written by Gene Roddenberry, and both display that streak of rationality and anti-superstition that showed up again in Star Trek.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Strain" - Three seasons in and it still surprises me. Some interesting takes on "freedom of the press" vs. Martial Law when your city's going up in flames around you.

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Big Bang Theory. Fun to finally meet Lenard's Father, and Penny's Mother and Meth cooking Brother. Not at all what I expected! Good job on casting.

Edward

Bartender
We've just started the second series of I Zombie, which continues to impress. I'm also currently working my way through season 2 of Gotham, a show I always found entertaining enough, but which is, in my opinion, now really beginning to find its feet. Sean Pertwee's Alfred Pennyworth continues to be an outstanding reimagining of an established character; I'm also very much a fan of both Penguin and the emergent Riddler. Whn I'm done with that, it'll be the recently launched third season of Netflix's run at From Dusk Til Dawn. The only thing I'm really watchnig away from Netflix currently is Ripper Street, though exclusively on catch-up. I'm finding that with catch-up services in the UK around a decade old now, I have almost entirely opted out of traditional broadcast television. It's a liberating thing, and I now typically only watch what I want to see, not whatever happens to be on.

Not more "The Night Of" episodes because we've seen them all. After watching an episode almost every night last week, it was odd to go to the DVR function and have no new episodes. "Indian Summers," whose plot lines , it seems, are put through a blender before shooting, was a disappointing substitute.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Jay Leno's Garage. At last a light hearted car program without people getting angry at trying to complete a project on time(probably fake) for some occasion. Really Jay, having fun with his and other people who love cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points