Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Shakespeare's Tomb.
s-1c44ce2ae69449f11863e54b04435e07ce97183d_zpsahzbz1pn.jpg

Reactions: DNO

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The Twilight Zone: Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge. One of the all time greats! Only Rod and his fellow writers would have birds singing and the sound of a slow moving creek, as the only sounds when such a heinous act is about to take place!

The 1890 short story it is based on (by the great Ambrose Bierce) is even better.

Bertie.Wooster

One of the Regulars
I just watched a bit of Jeeves & Wooster, Laurie & Fry Version.
You can watch great amounts of amazing clothing styles and amazing hats (fedoras, boaters and more).
Love it as Jeeves hates Bertie's fashion...... Sad thing he hates Bertie wearing a boater, which I think is blasphemy.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I just watched a bit of Jeeves & Wooster, Laurie & Fry Version.
You can watch great amounts of amazing clothing styles and amazing hats (fedoras, boaters and more).
Love it as Jeeves hates Bertie's fashion...... Sad thing he hates Bertie wearing a boater, which I think is blasphemy.

I LOVED Jeeves and Wooster with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry. I need to watch those again.

What's your impression of "Jessica Jones?"
It was okay. We will most likely watch another episode as quite often the show/cast has yet to jell by the first episode. The acting was fine. The plot was entertaining. I liked the direction the story was taking. Yet there was something missing. I feel like I should have liked it more than I did. I felt the same way with Daredevil. We never did finish the second season. But this series seems to have more going for it so we will continue to give it a chance.
:D

It was okay. We will most likely watch another episode as quite often the show/cast has yet to jell by the first episode. The acting was fine. The plot was entertaining. I liked the direction the story was taking. Yet there was something missing. I feel like I should have liked it more than I did. I felt the same way with Daredevil. We never did finish the second season. But this series seems to have more going for it so we will continue to give it a chance.
:D

Cool - thank you. When time permits, we'll give it a shot.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I liked Jessica Jones a lot. It's the rare Marvel character/story I had no clue about before watching, since the character was introduced long after my comics-reading days. Like some other Netflix series, it's a bit padded and uneven - it would probably have worked better as a 10-episode season rather than 13. But the characters and story are quite different from the usual superhero stuff, and even quite different from brother series Daredevil. Fascinatingly different. (Full disclosure: I've been a fan of Krysten Ritter for years, so I'm hardly totally objective.)

As it happens, I just watched the second season of Daredevil over the holidays. Not as good as the first season, largely because Vincent D'Onofrio's charismatic villain from season one was (mostly) missing. I thought they did okay with the Punisher character, but no so much with Elektra. And there were just way too many impossible fights against tons of ninjas. And they carried an annoyingly idiotic subplot right up until the very last minute that should have been dealt with much earlier. I still like the cast and production (both of these shows are beautifully shot and make great use of their NYC locations), and there's a fight sequence in a stairwell that is comparable to the first season's epic single-take hallway fight (one of the most amazing bits of fight choreography ever).

I haven't gotten around to watching Luke Cage (a character introduced in Jessica Jones) yet, but I will...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points