Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Weapons Hunter. Still not a very good show! It was a real treat however, to see the PV-2D Harpoon, with drop tanks and rockets. Wish the one I flew was that nice!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Sun Records. Not the best, but not the worst. I noticed Elvis riding a Royal Enfield Bullet made in Chennai India! Will watch another episode and see.

I like him in this better than in "Cheers." The role, as you noted, seems to fit him really well.
I really enjoyed Cheers. I think the cranky or snarky role is more entertaining because I identify with it moreso today than once upon a time. I wouldn't consider myself to be Beckerish, but I get it.
:D
Thinking about Cheers, Danson played the annoyed/frustrated role really well as Sam Malone.

I really enjoyed Cheers. I think the cranky or snarky role is more entertaining because I identify with it moreso today than once upon a time. I wouldn't consider myself to be Beckerish, but I get it.
Thinking about Cheers, Danson played the annoyed/frustrated role really well as Sam Malone.

Agreed, he was very good on that show. But in truth, his role got muddled in the later years with Rebecca and all the " he owns the bar / he does't own the bar / she want me / she doesn't / etc." "Becker" would probably faced the same challenges if it ran long enough as they have to change things up to keep the story going.

Agreed, he was very good on that show. But in truth, his role got muddled in the later years with Rebecca and all the " he owns the bar / he does't own the bar / she want me / she doesn't / etc." "Becker" would probably faced the same challenges if it ran long enough as they have to change things up to keep the story going.
Yes. Although I was sad to see it (Cheers) go, it was time.

Edward

Bartender
We watched the finale of Taboo last night. Tremendous stuff. God bless the BBC, no commercial channel would have the nerve to screen anything as realtively demanding of the viewer as that at peak time on a Saturday evening.

SPOILER ALERT:

The second series has already been commssioned....

Tonight we're going to be watching the second episode of the Beeb's SSGB. Looking forward to that.

I watched a couple of more episodes of Stranger Things, now halfway through the season. I still think it's insanely overrated.

I liked it a lot myself, but equally I can agree that it got perhaps more praise than entirely merited. It's not on a par with Twin Peaks, for example. Mpore like a lot of Netflix shows that are great fun in a semi-disposable way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk