Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Edward

Bartender
The coming season is a short one.

We're still two behind on dvd, but I am very encouraged by the last season being short. I like that they aren't trying to make a 'full' series without enough material for one.

I made it through about 15 minutes of Charles III. Has any one watched it in it's entirety? Should I keep watching, or just quit while I'm ahead?

It was okay. I liked the concept, though I found the ending extremely unconvincing, especially in the present era with William not much more popular than his father.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Fargo. season finale. I enjoyed this season. Great character play by Thewlis and Winstead. But...the worst season of the series so far, and a couple of really stupid, absurd plot device/scenes. Those scenes were well acted, but they were still stupid. Really stupid. The final few minutes were especially terrible. I'm not sure if the writers didn't know how to write themselves through the event or if they failed at their artsy-fartsy creative license.

Ha! Really surprised anyone made it through the entire season. I quit watching several episodes in it was so bad. Well acted, as always, but BAD. Think the "mug scene" was what did it for me & the female villain getting beaten within an inch of her life didn't help. Basically, I just threw my hands up after that & gave up on the series. A scene that's tantamount to rape & then abuse of a woman in anything I see in the media these days is a deal breaker. Which stinks because I loved Fargo's first season. Martin Freeman's performance showed just what an amazing actor he can be & the dark places he can go.

But, I have to agree with you, writers who don't know what they're doing can't be saved by good actors. Or famous ones. I'm so sick of telling people just because something has famous actors in it that doesn't mean it will be good.

This http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/...-Movie-Promo-Star-Of-The-Month-June-2017.html (it takes a moment to load after you've clicked on the link and brought up the page)

TCM's Star of the Month Promo for Audrey Hepburn. Man did they nail this one. Her screen persona is light, fun, cute, but real and it all comes through in the montage and song.

BTW, is anyone familiar with the song itself? I tried quickly to identify it, but didn't have any luck.

Edit add: Super girlfriend found the song it's "Cruise" by Beast With No Name

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Back home from TD, caught up on the last two Fear the Walking Dead episodes. Second of the two better than the first (18 and 11 June respectively), some good surprises and some exciting action coming up!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Last night I watched a rerun of the 1979 film: "The Great Train Robbery." Sean Connery and Donald Sutherland bring Victorian England to life. It's one of my most addictive, watchable films. I love it.

The season finale for Better Call Saul and the season two opener for Preacher. Nicely done episode for BCS; didn't see that ending coming.
Preacher kicked it off with a bang. As was stated by E.P. Shackleton, "fantastic" and "100% fun." It looks like we are in store for a crazy good time this season.
:D

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Fargo was "soft cancelled" The creator is busy with Legion, a movie, and has no ideas for another season. It could be three years before the next season, and that isn't even a sure thing.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I finished off season 1 of The Crown last night. I remain underwhelmed. All the money they spent is visible - the production IS spectacular, the actors are fine - but it's so weakly written and badly paced that very few of its big moments really landed for me. If the same scripts were done with the usual Masterpiece Theater-level production standards with lesser actors, nobody would be calling this a masterpiece, just an average docudrama.

That said, I will probably continue watching future seasons, because I'm too much of a TV anglophile (*) to skip it...

(* Going back to NYC's WNET running The Forsyte Saga in 1968!)

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Last program I watched was Sunday night at 7:30, The Jack Benny Program, "Jack is a Contestant". Benny contrives to become a contestant on "You Bet Your LIfe". Groucho Marx guest starring. The Benny shows are always funny, but this one was a particular scream.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode of "Private Secretary".

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Watched the first two episodes of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Definitely different, but I enjoyed them.

Too funny! We watched the first three episodes with our girls last night after the last day of school! We loved it, and I laughed out loud so many times!

"Your mother was a wonderful person. Flammable".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21