Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What year is this???

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to go the other direction and guess 1950. Just the look of some of the styles leads me thataway.

Brad Bowers

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Guess again

I may be a tad over....notice the man in the bottom with the monicle...those were a bit earlier...and the gaunt look of the faces.....I DON't Get another guess, but if I did it would be .......NOT FAIR I'll shut up!

Imahomer

Practically Family
Neat. My guess? I'm way too weak in this area to throw one out there, but I'll tip my hat to Art for providing this. Good luck to those who are guessing.

Sergei

Gone Home
I agree with Andykeyv. This style is definitely in the 30's. No, I didn't grow up in the 30's. However, I had a next door neighbor when I was kid growing up on a farm, that gifted me old magazines. Most of the magazines were like Life, Popular Mechanics, Look, Popular Science, etc. They were all pre-WWII up to like 1942. I remember spending a lot of boring summer afternoons reading through all those magazines. The one thing that amazed me were all the ads that were hand drawn. So that picture that Art posted immediately made me remember those summer afternoons.

Also, I got a lot of old board games from this neighbor. I remember the monopoly set was also using that kind of style of drawing.

Below is sample of an art ad from the fifties. Now, see how different the style changed from the thirties to the 50's.
LotImg14333.jpg

30's!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gentlemen..ALL good guesses but Andy, you were within spitting distance and Sergei you were right there also. The answer is on the link on the first post. Thanks guys, this was fun and i hope informative

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow!

I got within one year on my guess. I really was stumped with the man with the monicle...that was tricky. I think this kind of history/trivia/game stuff is real fun.

I know you have literally 100's if not 1000's of books on vintage things. Art, why not show your book on how men used to order a suit, in the Suit section. Those big full size things I saw when you were up in Crockett.

You could even post a pic of an actual item (gee whats in your vault?)!!!

Hey guys, did you know Art has a vault?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk