Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Starbucks coffee, a croissant, and the Chicago Sun Times sports page. Hope the Bears draft a quarterback.

I'm 52, but I think I'm getting too old for young quarterbacks.

In NYC, the Giants have had Eli for so long, I haven't had to deal with that for them; but for the Jets, it's been off-and-on young quarterback disappointment since, well, Namath.

The pre-season hope: His passes have so much zip, he's so accurate, he's learning the system incredibly well, his teammates love him...

The early season excuses: he's young, it's the hardest position in football to learn, the system is too complex, he's got the raw talent, but his confidence is shaken...

The controversy: Should we start (fill-in mediocre, middle-age, journeyman backup's name) this week / should we trade once-promising prospect?

The result: Several years of the young talent having a few good games, then having several bad ones, brilliance and stupidity weaving in and out, benching, back in, and on and on....

I'm tired of it. This cartoon (stolen from Lizzie) sums it up for me:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Pitt's Nate Peterman looks good, and the Bears need to set the QB position with Cutler's departure and transients Hoyer/Barkley not fixed as certain.

Saturday's Pegasus matchup with Arrogate and California Chrome looks promising. Arrogate drew the rail and Chrome the outside post, Keen Ice is ninth
and Shaman Ghost is seventh. Time to roll the dice, which admittedly may be loaded.:D

Pitt's Nate Peterman looks good, and the Bears need to set the QB position with Cutler's departure and transients Hoyer/Barkley not fixed as certain.

Saturday's Pegasus matchup with Arrogate and California Chrome looks promising. Arrogate drew the rail and Chrome the outside post, Keen Ice is ninth
and Shaman Ghost is seventh. Time to roll the dice, which admittedly may be loaded.:D

That is one monster purse for the Pegasus. I believe it's off to the doing the hard (teehee) work of being a horse at stud for California Chrome after this race.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
That is one monster purse for the Pegasus...

Lingering flu scratched Saturday, though I hated to pass this particular race.
I believe the Pegasus should be established at Santa Anita where the seating capacity is larger and stakeholders would have a better shake
with track configuration and distance length. Chrome's outside draw wild carded him proximate that fatal turn out of the gate.

Starbucks Pike's Roast, croissants, and the sports page. Good to see the Bulls win one.

...Chrome's outside draw wild carded him proximate that fatal turn out of the gate....

Agree completely, he looked spent after the Espinoza tried to get him positioned out of the gate but couldn't. Tough break, but in truth, Arrogate seems, for the moment, the strongest horse out there.

One of the appeals of horse racing, much like baseball, is the quirkiness of the different tracks. I love the variation of the tracks and how it plays into the strategies. Fair or not, it makes the sport more interesting.

Fresh out of the oven and not intended for breakfast, but they were there, the apartment smelled awesome and I was hungry - so breakfast they became.

Rainbow sprinkle sugar cookies:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks and the sports page. Notre Dame lost to Duke, and North Carolina awaits....
Watercooler office karma has it that the deeper the Irish progress within the March Madness bracket, the football team-karmawise-gets it in the wazoo later.:eek:
The Irish made it past Michigan, Auburn, and Wisconsin before falling to the Tarheels last year.
Kelly had ten victories season before last, then the wheels fell off the football team's bus.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points