• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What's For Breakfast...

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by raiderrescuer, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Fluffy buttermilk pancakes with butter and syrup, crispy bacon. A cup of Lady Gray tea with Turbinado sugar for me, Lady Gray with honey for Lily, and coffee with a teaspoon of Nutella and a splash of whole milk for Hubby. He loved his so much he would have chugged it (except for it being so hot! ).

Touchofevil likes this.
  2. Over here - way on the other (less elegant) side of planet food - I had yogurt with frosted shredded mini-wheat cereal and a glass of Ovaltine on the side. And since I was down toward the bottom of the yogurt container, it served as the bowl (cleaning up was a breeze).

3. Hubby's weekend is Friday & Saturday, so today is our one day together as a family before his work week starts. I try to do "nicer" meals today so we can enjoy our family time. Lily gets shredded wheat, cheerios, or oatmeal usually on school days.

4. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Sausage, eggs and baked beans.

Coffee, goes without saying...

Oops...

Touchofevil likes this.
  5. Corned beef hash and fried eggs, black coffee.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. today I had a bowl of grits and a hard boiled egg, black coffee

dh66 likes this.
  7. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

I had a slight variation on that. It's a new recipe that I came across, called egg medallions, some call it, egg in a bacon cup. All you do is trim a couple of rashers of bacon of all fat, then you roll out the bacon with rolling pin. Next, take a muffin baking tray, a splash of olive oil brushed all round the indented cup prevents sticking. Line the cup with the bacon making sure that it covers the cup completely. Crack an egg very carefully so as not to break the yoke. Tip the egg into the bacon lined cup, place in a hot oven for twelve minutes. You can add a couple of slices of tomato after the egg has started to solidify. When cooked the medallion will lift easily from the muffin tray. Serve up with mushrooms, hash browns, baked beans, sausages, fried bread, a big smile and a piping hot drink.
    medallion.jpg

8. Can yu fedex some... I just woke up and
    me and my cat are hungry!
    Thanks!

9. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sorry, you know what Fedex are like, they will break the yoke.

Zombie_61 and 2jakes like this.
  10. :p That’s funny!

11. Cold pizza and hot coffee

belfastboy, Bamaboots and Fading Fast like this.
  12. two hot dogs on bread with mustard, a glass of milk.

Bamaboots likes this.
  13. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Microwaved scrambled eggs with turkey bacon...

And tea.

[​IMG]

14. Fried potato and scrambled egg tacos topped with leftover chili from supper last night

Bamaboots and Touchofevil like this.
  15. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Fried eggs with a sausage patty and biscuits with gravy.

16. 59Lark

59Lark A-List Customer

HOLY TOAST ezekial bread, scrambled eggs with some of the yolks removed and given to the waiting labs, and some back bacon with the fat cut off and a couple of cups of jamician me crazy coffee. NO BUTTER

17. Spoke nicely to the wife this morning and she baked me some buttermilk biscuits. I eat them slathered in butter, hot out of the oven so they are a rare treat but an deeply appreciated one.

Bushman, Bamaboots and dh66 like this.
  18. Leftover fried chicken, straight from the refrigerator.

19. Cheesy fried eggs, garlic country red potatoes, spicy sausage patties, toast, and a few cups of coffee. :D

20. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Goat cheese omelette, sausages, baked beans (Heinz British style) and coffee.

Touchofevil and Bamaboots like this.