Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
My usual breakfast consists of multiple cups of coffee, followed by a granola bar or a muffin. On the weekends, my husband usually makes waffles or biscuits, with eggs and bacon. I dearly love eggs benedict and eggs goldenrod.

I've had caviar for breakfast, and it was pretty darn good. One of my favorite restaurants in Fredericksburg, Texas, has a delicious smoked salmon & eggs, topped with creme fraiche and caviar. Yum!

Katydid

One of the Regulars
No breakfast here

I don't like eating breakfast because I'm not hungry in the morning. Mom says something's wrong with me.:p When I do eat in the morning it's usually two pieces of wheat toast lightly buttered.

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
My favorite breakfast is eaither Pastrami and Eggs overeasy, with homefries and toat, or two Everything Bagels with cream cheese and lox. I never get a chance to eat meals this big actually at breakfast, but I always order them when I'm in diners at 1 in the morning. So close enough.

Haversack

One Too Many
This morning it was orange juice; coffee; a bowl of fresh sliced peaches; one slice of streaky garlic bacon; a one-egg omelette enclosing a slice of Tillamook cheddar, a dollop of cilantro chutney, and the last thin slice of smoked tuna; a sliced tomato; a leaf of romaine lettuce with garlic hummus, and a toasted English muffin with a bit of butter and golden syrup. Then it was walk a mile over the hill to catch the train to work.

Why yes, I do like breakfast.

Haversack

Caledonia

Practically Family
Briscoeteque said:
My favorite breakfast is eaither Pastrami and Eggs overeasy, with homefries and toat, or two Everything Bagels with cream cheese and lox. I never get a chance to eat meals this big actually at breakfast, but I always order them when I'm in diners at 1 in the morning. So close enough.

Could somebody post a photo of eggs over easy? [huh] Scuse the ignorance but I've never worked out what that is - eggs fried then turned over really carefully, eggs fried but not turned over, eggs scrambled very gently? I'm scottish, what would I know... :eek:

Haversack

One Too Many
Caledonia,

Eggs over easy are eggzactly what you surmised: "eggs fried then turned over really carefully" You do this while the yolks are still quite runny but after the whites have set. On the plate the eggs appear to be fried egg whites, but ooze semi-runny yolk when you cut into it with the edge of your fork.

Haversack.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
One order of eggs,....comin' right up.

Mmmm,....makes me kinda hungry,...

eggs.jpg

funneman

Practically Family
Breakfast?

On the weekends I like to make pancakes for the kids, they love to help.
My nine-year-old loves cheese omlets, my eleven-year-old loves bacon so we get all the basics.

Breakfast for Dinner is a big favorite.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Haversack said:
Caledonia,

Eggs over easy are eggzactly what you surmised: "eggs fried then turned over really carefully" You do this while the yolks are still quite runny but after the whites have set. On the plate the eggs appear to be fried egg whites, but ooze semi-runny yolk when you cut into it with the edge of your fork.

Haversack.

Excellent, thanks Haversack. And are those asparagus spears I spy under those eggs Maj Danger? Yum!:D

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
Turkish Breakfast (except I'm not Turkish)

Sliced & seasoned tomatoes, feta & Gruyere cheese, bread, jam, calamata & oil-cured olives, tea

Not the typical American deal, but it's so good. Especially the blackberry jam with the feta cheese.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
2 eggs scrambled, unless I'm going to be very busy that morning then it's 3 eggs (Eggland's Best).
2 pieces of sausage.
Coffee (lately it's been Café Noir from Fresh Market, a dark smoky flavored blend) with real cream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112