Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

earl

A-List Customer
Interestingly, I have a story here. For many years I was eating 2 organic oat-honey bars every morning with a cup of tea. At a doctor's visit I got a total cholesterol reading of around 195. OK, good enough. I didn't make a connection of any of this at the time. I changed jobs and was stopping at the 7-11 on the way to work every morning and getting a donut and cup of hot chocolate. Next doctor visit some year or two later my cholesterol was about 220 and this doctor got all worked up about needing drugs to get it down. I thought he was full of it but still didn't have a clue why the higher count. Well, anyway, I changed jobs again and was back to a couple of oat-honey bars and tea for breakfast. Some time later - a year or two - and my doc gave me a blood test and my cholesterol was back down around 195. Took a while for me to think about this and to make the connection but I got it. Now I eat as many as 4 oat-honey bars a day and my last cholesterol count was in the 180s.
I'm simply not that hungry at breakfast. So, always only eat half a toasted bagel or a bowl of cereal. But as an individual with cardiovascular problems, would day cholesterol of around 200 ain't great. Whether I'd like to or not, bacon and a number of other foods left my approved diet list a while back. Earl

Lucky Girl

New in Town
Normally in my house we all have yogurt with honey and grape nuts and then maybe some toast with butter and jam and then a cup of coffee from the Keurig but yesterday morning I drove to the local bagel shop and I got an egg bagel with a side of cream cheese and lox...yummo!

Normally in my house we all have yogurt with honey and grape nuts and then maybe some toast with butter and jam and then a cup of coffee from the Keurig but yesterday morning I drove to the local bagel shop and I got an egg bagel with a side of cream cheese and lox...yummo!

I would have to eat a lot of yogurt to stave off my early morning hunger, hence it is often a mid-morning snack.
:D

Sorry. I have never understood any excitement over yogurt and why it is even a food. I highly doubt even mixing in freshly fried bacon bits would make it more attractive to me. Yup..just don't get it. It's Greek to me. [huh]

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Sorry. I have never understood any excitement over yogurt and why it is even a food. I highly doubt even mixing in freshly fried bacon bits would make it more attractive to me. Yup..just don't get it. It's Greek to me. [huh]
I've noticed this word come up a lot lately too. :eeek:
Bacon bits yogurt, for someone who wouldn't normally eat it, I might be inclined to try it.
Okay I'd just eat the bacon bits.
The only yogurt I've willingly eating was TCBY and that was 20yrs ago.
I get the "probiotic" qualities, but I can find that in a pill form at GNC.
If it can go down with all my other pills, I'll take it. ;)

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi

About 5-10 years ago my Dad had some sort of infection and he was given a very strong antibiotic. After that he had trouble digesting his food, but he wouldn't eat Yogurt. Yogurt is supposed to have the organisms in it that help digest food. The Pro-biotic pill is probably just as good, but he wouldn't do that one either. Dad died, but he was 92 and 7 months when he did it...

Plain Yogurt sucks pretty much, but the cheaper Blueberry, black cherry, and Lemon stuff is pretty good. The more expensive stuff has coffee flavored Yogurt which is good too. It's not my favorite food, but I eat it most weekdays.

Later

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Hi

About 5-10 years ago my Dad had some sort of infection and he was given a very strong antibiotic. After that he had trouble digesting his food, but he wouldn't eat Yogurt. Yogurt is supposed to have the organisms in it that help digest food. The Pro-biotic pill is probably just as good, but he wouldn't do that one either. Dad died, but he was 92 and 7 months when he did it...

Plain Yogurt sucks pretty much, but the cheaper Blueberry, black cherry, and Lemon stuff is pretty good. The more expensive stuff has coffee flavored Yogurt which is good too. It's not my favorite food, but I eat it most weekdays.

Later

Coffee flavored I might be inclined to try...

winterland1

Practically Family
Oatmeal and berries. Blueberry, blackberry, raspberry most every morning plus protein shake. Sometimes some eggs instead. Need carbs and protein.
Been eating healthy and getting in shape for a few years now. Wasn't way out of shape, just age catching up. It has worked.
From everything I have read breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Athletes, body builders etc always eat a very substantial and healthy breakfast. Gets the metabaolism going. Have to have coffee or a latte too. No sweetener.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
3 fried eggs, in bacon grease and oil.
2 pieces of bacon, 3 pieces of sausage.
BTW my cholesterol is 180 and my triglycerides are 60. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider