Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Baked pork chops in mushroom gravy, brown rice with green peas, and Greek salad, yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Tonight we had three ladies to dinner. The following meal really comes together very quickly.

Green salad with spinach,iceburg and romaine lettuces, carrots, radishes, tomato, banana peppers, and zesty Italian dressing.

Roasted chicken and prosciutto borsetti With a basil pesto sauce.

Garlic toast rounds.

St, Genevieve Sweet Moscato

Coffee

The next time I'm going to end this with cored lemons filled with lemon sorbet and kept frozen until served.

Carter

$ally

One Too Many
Ooooh, yum, I wish I'd eaten with one of you... :essen:
I made mac & cheese out of a box tonight (yuck)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Last night's dinner was "svinekoteletter med surk?•l", a simple Norwegian favourite of pork chops cooked in butter served with a Norwegian kind of sauerkraut (which is IMO even better than the German stuff) and boiled potatoes. Tasty!

K

killertomata

Tonight's dinner will be:

Bruschetta made with three kinds of roasted tomatoes from the "in-laws" garden- cherry, grape and yellow currant- and olive oil/rosemary bread from a local bakery. And Italian white bean soup made from scratch of course.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Tonight...

I have dinner guest coming, so I tend to go a bit overboard.

Menu is:

Green salad with tomatoes from the farmers market..mmm
Fresh corn with butter and parmesan
Green beans
Roast chicken
some rolls of some sort, haven't decided which to make just yet
Peach cobbler
and home made mint lemonade to drink

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I had some plain spinach/ricotta tortellini and a piece of banana bread for dessert. I'm going away for 5 days on Wed. so I've been trying to empty my fridge but the pickins are gettin' a bit slim!

green papaya

One Too Many
Irish Oatmeal

I picked up a can of old fashioned Irish Oatmeal to try, it kind of tastes like brown rice

I added some butter and milk and a little maple syrup and it tastes great!

634724.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
I actually made stew yesterday as we had lots of rain. So I cranked up the air and played like it was winter. Cannot wait for Christmas as that is my favorite time of year followed by Fall. So hot in Texas lately.
Trying not to panic about Hurricane Dean as my son lives in Corpus Christi, Texas.
I have been through quite a few in my life and so respect them.
Need a food lounge IMHO. lol

$ally

One Too Many
I'm inventing a stew tonight, starting with broth, chopping up all fresh ingredients from the farmers market. These potatoes, herbs, turnips are so much better than the produce at the grocery stores. Plus I have salmon some guys caught out on a fishing trip. I'm not following a recipe, so we'll see how this turns out. It's giving the house a nice aroma anyway.

Josephine

One Too Many
Big Miss (11 yrs) has decided she wants to become a vegetarian (I've been trying to cut out red meat and limit our chicken and increase our fish), so I''m going to have to figure out new meals, and how to get the B-12, calcium, etc that we'll be missing. I suppose it depends on how far she wants to go.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Thought this would be a fun idea for a thread - what's for dinner?

I'll start off. Last night we had jager schnitzel, spaetzle, sauerkraut & beer (Anchor Porter). Tonight I've got chili in the slow cooker, and I'll make some cornbread.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I've been hungry for chili for a week. A 93 year old friend who can barely stand said he was going to spend the day "cooking, resting, cooking, resting... I'm hungry for good chili." And that did it. So now I'd better make some. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points