Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I have no idea what's happening here. Maybe the equivalent of a pocket call? My phone is my only source of Internet access, so I suppose it's likely.

Anyway, tonight my daughter was feeling a little under the weather so I fixed up a pot of homemade chicken and dumplings. That'll cure about anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hope she's feeling better!

Tonight: Parmesan drumsticks, cottage potatoes, steamed broccoli

I have no idea what's happening here. Maybe the equivalent of a pocket call? My phone is my only source of Internet access, so I suppose it's likely.

Anyway, tonight my daughter was feeling a little under the weather so I fixed up a pot of homemade chicken and dumplings. That'll cure about anything.

Man, I love me some chicken and dumplings! Good job!
Hope she's feeling better.

Super Girlfriend's been on a galette making kick; hence, the below from farmer market tomatoes, ricotta and parmesan cheese and truffle oil (did I mention truffle oil):

And it tastes even better than it looks. The crust is like a toasted croissant and the truffle oil (did I mention that) harmonizes everything and kicks it up that extra special notch. (I also snuck a small piece in for breakfast this morning.)

Super Girlfriend's been on a galette making kick; hence, the below from farmer market tomatoes, ricotta and parmesan cheese and truffle oil (did I mention truffle oil):

And it tastes even better than it looks. The crust is like a toasted croissant and the truffle oil (did I mention that) harmonizes everything and kicks it up that extra special notch. (I also snuck a small piece in for breakfast this morning.)
Wow! Y'all are on a roll!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Traditional roast. We eat a lot of French and Italian inspired dishes, but every now and then I love to cook a traditional roast. Time was when this was the preserve of Sundays only, and only once a month. But we shall sit down to this meal shortly and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm off to work to do yet another night shift, there would be a large glass of Merlot to accompany this meal:
roast lamb.jpg

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Sausage stew sounds like something I would like very much! Details?

The sausage stew is either stove top or crock pot based (we use the crock pot for slower cooking).

A pound to two pounds of your choice of sausage (mild Italian is nice), pre-cooked but not overdone (not too brown). Various recipes of a similar nature recommend placing the sausages at the bottom of the crock pot if you're using one.

The broth base is a mix of roughly equal parts beef broth and crushed or pureed tomatoes, herb seasoning to taste (basil, thyme, oregano, etc.).

Small cut cubes of carrots and potatoes, a couple of onions chopped up, and heat 'er up, four to six hours on the crock pot, two to three if gently boiled on the hob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21