Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Last night was kielbasa cut into rounds and browned, leftover sauerkraut, carrots, grapes, pickles, and mashed potato patties made from leftover mashed potatoes.

Tonight was chicken stroganoff

Traditional roast. We eat a lot of French and Italian inspired dishes, but every now and then I love to cook a traditional roast. Time was when this was the preserve of Sundays only, and only once a month. But we shall sit down to this meal shortly and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm off to work to do yet another night shift, there would be a large glass of Merlot to accompany this meal:
View attachment 58613
This is one of my favorite meals. As a kid this is what I would ask to be on my birthday dinner menu. Enjoy!
:D

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Tonight we went out for dinner to celebrate Hubby's getting a new position at work. It's a promotion, switching teams, and work he is super jazzed to do. Yay!

He chose to have Mexican, so he had carne asada & all the fixin's. I had a chicken taco salad. Lily had a taco with a side of fries.

The sausage stew is either stove top or crock pot based (we use the crock pot for slower cooking).

A pound to two pounds of your choice of sausage (mild Italian is nice), pre-cooked but not overdone (not too brown). Various recipes of a similar nature recommend placing the sausages at the bottom of the crock pot if you're using one.

The broth base is a mix of roughly equal parts beef broth and crushed or pureed tomatoes, herb seasoning to taste (basil, thyme, oregano, etc.).

Small cut cubes of carrots and potatoes, a couple of onions chopped up, and heat 'er up, four to six hours on the crock pot, two to three if gently boiled on the hob.
Sounds like a winner! I'll be trying it out soon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tonight we went out for dinner to celebrate Hubby's getting a new position at work. It's a promotion, switching teams, and work he is super jazzed to do. Yay!

He chose to have Mexican, so he had carne asada & all the fixin's. I had a chicken taco salad. Lily had a taco with a side of fries.

Congratulation to you and your husband and best of luck in his new position.

Owing to a "Seinfeld" episode, "switching teams" jarred me for a moment, but I'm sure you're not using it in that context or you wouldn't be as jazzed as you are. :)

My oldest Daughter fixed them for me since my Wife has been in the hospital for two weeks. Sadly they found colon and liver cancer and she only has a few weeks to live. Never been sick hardly a day in her life. We will be married 38 years on November 25. It's tough.

My oldest Daughter fixed them for me since my Wife has been in the hospital for two weeks. Sadly they found colon and liver cancer and she only has a few weeks to live. Never been sick hardly a day in her life. We will be married 38 years on November 25. It's tough.
I am so very sorry...so very sorry. So very sad. I wish that I had more than words to offer. Be good to yourself.
:D

I have nothing but sympathy to offer you, your wife and your family. My best wishes go out to all of you.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab

I am so very sorry to hear this news. Love on her as much as you can. You will be in my thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ