Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

I understand that. Beef Stroganoff came into my life a few years back and it has made me a much happier person. It goes great with garlic or Texas toast.
:D

For years, as a kid, when we'd end up in a diner together, I'd know that after looking over the always immense diner menu ('cause that's what they are), he'd order the Beef Stroganoff.

I'd order waffles and eggs or french toast (I was an early breakfast for dinner guy and a diner was the perfect opportunity to put that into practice) and he'd look at me with an arch eyebrow and bitter disappointment (looks I learned to become quite familiar with). Ah, the good times.

And, heck, since we're on the topic, we'd close out the diner experience with some insanely oversized pieces of dessert (and if dad was feeling really good about keeping the wallet open - something that rarely happened in the twenty-four years we spent on earth together - we'd even take a dessert or two home for the next day...or later that night :)).

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Sardines: a pack of King Oscar, open drain oil and toss in ketchup; shake around and spill onto plate; saltine crackers, mustard, French bread.
Greek wine or an inexpensive California vino, and the Chicago Sun Times sports page. The Bulls need to get it together.

Sardines: a pack of King Oscar, open drain oil and toss in ketchup; shake around and spill onto plate; saltine crackers, mustard, French bread.
Greek wine or an inexpensive California vino, and the Chicago Sun Times sports page. The Bulls need to get it together.
King Oscars are the best!!!

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Pork chop, green beans, mashed potatoes.

New dessert thrill. The supermarket had italian Pandoro cake on sale and I had a bag of frozen raspberries I needed to use up. So I had a slice of cake with stewed raspberries and whipped cream. Delicious.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Might grab a roast beef sub or two at the corner sandwich spoon on Van Buren across from the always architecturally inspiring Cook County Jail.
Toss in a bag of nachos and the deal's done.:D

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Could you please expand on "Parmesan hash brown cups?"

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Got this off the web somewhere.

Hash Brown Cups

1 (20 oz) bag Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns; OR 3-1/2 cups shredded russet potatoes, rinsed and squeezed dry in a towel
3 green onions, chopped (approx. 1/3 cup), both white and green parts
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray; set aside. In large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss lightly with a fork. Drizzle on olive oil. Toss with fork again until mixture is well combined. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. With the back of the spoon, apply gentle pressure to pack mixture into each cup. Bake for 60-75 minutes in lower third of oven. Let rest for 5 minutes, run a small knife or spatula around the edge of each cup, making sure the edges are loosened. Gently lift each potato cup out, invert it, place on serving plate bottom side up. Good served warm or room temperature

I usually make them in a mini muffin pan and cook them for about 45 minutes. They are really good!

Got this off the web somewhere.

Hash Brown Cups

1 (20 oz) bag Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns; OR 3-1/2 cups shredded russet potatoes, rinsed and squeezed dry in a towel
3 green onions, chopped (approx. 1/3 cup), both white and green parts
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 12 muffin tins with cooking spray; set aside. In large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss lightly with a fork. Drizzle on olive oil. Toss with fork again until mixture is well combined. Spoon mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. With the back of the spoon, apply gentle pressure to pack mixture into each cup. Bake for 60-75 minutes in lower third of oven. Let rest for 5 minutes, run a small knife or spatula around the edge of each cup, making sure the edges are loosened. Gently lift each potato cup out, invert it, place on serving plate bottom side up. Good served warm or room temperature

I usually make them in a mini muffin pan and cook them for about 45 minutes. They are really good!

Thank you! Sounds delish. I'll try them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto