Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Last night, caesar salad & pepperoni-sausage pizza at our favorite pizza place. Saw one of our favorite Sounders players there. Super exciting!

Tonight, smothered pork patties in mushroom & onion gravy, creamy mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and spinach.

Pizza last night.
:D

As a kid, I all but lost my mind when we had pizza for dinner. My mom was a terrible cook (something she'd willing acknowledge as she hated it and put little effort in), so getting pizza meant a good hot meal and (as opposed to a few other places we'd occasionally go out to / or bring back from), I could have as much as I wanted. To this day, I still get excited when it's "pizza night!"

As a kid, I all but lost my mind when we had pizza for dinner. My mom was a terrible cook (something she'd willing acknowledge as she hated it and put little effort in), so getting pizza meant a good hot meal and (as opposed to a few other places we'd occasionally go out to / or bring back from), I could have as much as I wanted. To this day, I still get excited when it's "pizza night!"
Nice little story. My mom was a pretty good cook, but when I was a kid, eating out was a real treat. Pizza was not delivered. I was always excited to have pizza. I felt the same way after being a pizza delivery guy. I still feel the same way, but then my love of/for food is more than most. :D

Last night was chicken enchiladas with green chili sauce, rice, black beans, and dos equis on tap.

Tonight it's ravioli. The frozen kind, not canned, although I'm not sure if it's appreciably better. Ice cold PBR to accompany.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Been nursing a cold the last few days and don't feel like cooking or eating so tonight just had some chicken soup (canned).
Hope you are feeling better!

Today was supposed to be mid 70's and it got up to 82, so I grilled marinated chops for dinner. Sides were noodles with homemade Alfredo sauce and spinach apple salad. A sure sign of spring when I start to grill!

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Tonight (as requested by one of the kids): breakfast- pancakes with Valentine sprinkles mixed in the batter, biscuits with sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and home fries. Might make some chocolate gravy too. yum!

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Vera felt a little better today so made some halibut poached in broth, boiled potato and French beans. With a glass of grape juice. Does anyone else like grape juice with fish?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Thanks Vera felt a little better today so made some halibut poached in broth, boiled potato and French beans. With a glass of grape juice. Does anyone else like grape juice with fish?
Glad to hear you are on the mend. I am not a juice fan, so I can't say that I would like it with fish!

Tonight: Pork fried rice made with leftover pork chops

green papaya

One Too Many
Clay pot rice with house special pig's tails with peanuts on top
2017-02-15_163552.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
That sounds good. I recently tried a fried chicken recipe that dates back to the 18th Century. It was absolutely fantastic.
I put kosher salt, fresh cracked lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, & paprika in the flour. Did a double dredge in egg/milk & the flour. It was a hit. Lily ate all of hers (where she usually nibbles at meat).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points