• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Rosie, May 31, 2006.

1. greatestescaper

greatestescaper One of the Regulars

That sounds great. The double dredge is really what makes it I think. If you're feeling adventurous, certainly give this a try. I did not use malt vinegar, though now I can not recall if I used cider vinegar or white vinegar. Either way it was delicious.

2. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Leftover wholegrain-noodles with Bolognese-sauce. ;)

Stanley Doble and Vera Godfrey like this.
  3. You had me at "fresh crackedlemon pepper." Lady ToE makes a wonderful fresh lemon pepper. She introduced me to it. Now, I look forward to it like a kid at Christmas.
    :D

4. Lasagna and garlic bread last night.

Vera Godfrey likes this.
  5. If you have a Trader Joe's near you, get their lemon pepper grinder. It is great! There are whole peppercorns & dried lemon rind in it. I use it in my homemade rubs, sauces, & veggies.

Touchofevil likes this.
  6. That sounds awesome. Is it a Trader Joe's house brand or another brand that I might find on the internet?

7. It is their house brand, but I did a Google search for it, and found it for sale on Amazon. :D

[​IMG]

You can tell I use it a lot. It is almost empty!

Touchofevil likes this.
  8. Thank you for the picture. I gots to get me one - that looks great.

I think there is a Trader Joe way downtown - I'll make the trek.

Edit add: Amazon has it, problem solved. I know that Amazon will probably prove to be the Borg and will eventually assimilate away my individuality, but for now, it's a great source for, well, almost everything.

Babydoll likes this.
  9. We are huge Amazon fans, but for personal reasons. Someone I am quite fond of (and *very* close to) works there, and they treat him incredibly well. We are glad to support them as they've invested in our future (a.k.a. stock)!

Fading Fast likes this.
  10. MisterCairo

MisterCairo My Mail is Forwarded Here

As my wife and girls were at our in-laws' "messy church" do, I microwaved some President's Choice meatballs and "protein pockets" from McCain's.

A "guy's" supper...

Trenchfriend and Bamaboots like this.
  11. Bushman

Bushman One Too Many

I really need to learn to come to this thread less. It always makes me hungry.

12. Stanley Doble

Stanley Doble Call Me a Cab

Steamed cauliflower with Carbonara sauce made with cream, parmesan, and bacon. A favorite of mine.

13. Thank you for the information. Time to look it up on Amazon.

Babydoll likes this.
  14. Breakfast for dinner last night: bacon yada yada yada.

Fading Fast, dh66 and Bamaboots like this.
  15. Bamaboots

Bamaboots My Mail is Forwarded Here

60° here in Bama, so it burgers on the grill. :D

green papaya, Touchofevil and dh66 like this.
  16. Supper at grandma's....salmon patties, squash casserole, black eyed peas, and cornbread.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bamaboots likes this.
  17. Spaghetti with homemade sauce, green salad with dressing of choice, garlic bread.

18. Beef stew.

Touchofevil and Trenchfriend like this.
  19. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

Salmon patties, sounds wonderful, I used to cook a meal known as Russian Pie. It's creamed potatoes, mixed with flaked salmon, wrapped in shortcrust pastry and baked in the oven for about 40 minutes. We don't have it anymore since my wife developed a wheat allergy later in life. However, we did enjoy trout and almonds with buerre noisette & capers and a crisp glass of French white wine last night.
    trout.jpg

dh66 and green papaya like this.
  20. Bushman

Bushman One Too Many

Last night was Popeye's Chicken.

dh66 likes this.