Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Just moved into a new apartment-second building that has turned condominium on me-and my sisters stocked the frig and shelves with
wholesome non-bachelor stuff, so I will throw some rotisserie no-salt chicken together with a baked potato.
I was favored by my parents with the girls, whom I'll readily admit I do not deserve.:)

HanauMan

Practically Family
As it is summer I just made myself a refreshing cucumber salad for tonight.

All you need is to grate three cucumbers into a big bowl, add a teaspoon of white vinegar, a small dash of black pepper, a tablespoon of grated dill and about half a pint of sour cream and mix it all together. Leave in the refrigerator until needed and serve cold.

Early this morning I stuffed a 3# chuck roast into my crockpot with some Worcestershire sauce and a couple of thinly sliced Vidalia onions. It ought to be about right by time I get home from work later. I'll probably fix some mashed potatoes to go along with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Last night myself and my family went out to Uncle Julio's to try it. The chips and salsa served as the place of bread and butter were delightful. Poblano salsa with thinly sliced corn chips set each other off very nicely. My main course involved carne fajitas with bacon wrapped shrimp. Both set my tastebuds alight in flavor. We finished off the meal with Uncle Julio's famous Chocolate pinata. It was superb . We let the youngest among us break it open as he is turning 8 in a few days. There was not a single crumb of chocolate fruit, or chiro let on the platter.

Tonight it's arros con maiz made with corn fresh from a friend's garden, chili Colorado, also homemade, fresh flour tortillas from the friends, and some store bought guacamole because all the avocados I could find were hard as golf balls. There's queso fresco to crumble on top of it all and a couple of cold New Belgium Fat Tire amber ales to accompany.

Tonight it's arros con maiz made with corn fresh from a friend's garden, chili Colorado, also homemade, fresh flour tortillas from the friends, and some store bought guacamole because all the avocados I could find were hard as golf balls. There's queso fresco to crumble on top of it all and a couple of cold New Belgium Fat Tire amber ales to accompany.

Guacamole!
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko