• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Rosie, May 31, 2006.

1. Lemon Pepper chicken, garlic toast, a baked potato, a salad with ranch dressing, and a Dr. Pepper
    :D

dh66 likes this.
  2. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Last night was lentils with ham, cole slaw, mashed potatoes, fried okra and sliced tomatoes from the garden and corn bread.

dh66 and Touchofevil like this.
  3. Chicken parmigiana, garlic mashed potatoes, a dinner salad with a creamy garlic dressing, shish kebabbed/kabobbed vegetables, freshly made buttered bread and a couple of the best Bloody Marys I have ever tasted. A great meal at a wonderful little restaurant in a nice little town in the mountains.

dh66 and Bamaboots like this.
  4. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

That sounds wonderful with a number of my favorites. Love a good Bloody Mary. I made some hot pickled okra last week that is very good in a Bloody Mary.

dh66 and Touchofevil like this.
  5. Zachary

Zachary New in Town

Hey -- can I recommend New Orleans Bread Pudding. Recipes anywhere on the internet. Lengthy, yet simple to do, and super yummy. (Handy tip: The amount of sugar added should be lesser than in what most recipes say.)

Bamaboots likes this.
  6. Not sure our inspiration but Sunday night dinners have become Curry Sundays. Tonight is a special treat....Velvet Cod. Pan fried cod chunks in a velvety yogurt, onion, ginger, garlic and turmeric sauce. Some basmati rice and crunchy papadams. With luck I will leave enough to have again on Monday.

7. Hot pickled or fried okra or both would have been great with tonight's Bloody Marys. I purchased a bottle of the Bloody Mary mix from the restaurant we ate at last night. Wonderful stuff. Fried okra makes a great snack. It has been too long since I last was fortunate enough to enjoy it.

dh66, Fading Fast and Bamaboots like this.
  8. Last night: pizza and white wine followed by a almond-buttercream cupcake (made to look like a frog for some unknown reason) chaser.

Pizza is one of things that is right in the universe.

Bamaboots and dh66 like this.
  9. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Tonite the Cubs meet the Cincinnati Reds, and I can park myself at my favorite bar for the best pub grub pork chops and ice cold beer,
    watch the game (it's a White Sox establishment, which guarantees insults to misery should the Cubs lose but sweetens the winning immeasurably),
    go back to the South side for a few hours sleep and arrive fresh for the 9-5 tomorrow morning. Toss in a baked potato and salad with Italian seasoning,
    and maybe a slice of the most decadent cheese cake in the universe. Or, I can head straight home and throw in a TV dinner and act like a responsible adult.
    Adjust, adapt, and make the terrain work to your advantage.:D

Fading Fast and Bamaboots like this.
  10. Zachary

Zachary New in Town

Insomnia. The perfect excuse for a spontaneous midnight supper.

IMG_1579.jpg

11. Shrimp & grits and ice cold Pabst.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bamaboots likes this.
  12. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Last night stayed late, missed the evening trains; so I returned to my favorite pub for the best pork chops around town
    and the Cubs vs Reds game, which hardly matched Monday's slugfest, which Chicago lost by a run.
    Gonna stay late analyzing Saturday's Pacific Classic, hit the bar for another round of pig, and hopefully the team will prevail.:)

13. Spaghetti with meat sauce and PBR. Fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches for dessert, to mark 40 years since the death of Elvis.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fading Fast likes this.
  14. Nice tribute. We watched some of his movies on TCM, but I like what you did.

dh66 likes this.
  15. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Evening-dinner:

As appetizer three rollmopses and after that a thick slice of quality-greybread with nut-nougatcream. :oops::D