Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Taco Tuesday. Beef & flour tortilla variety this time.

(Man, I miss you guys. New work schedule means I am a zombie when I get home. :( )

You have been miss by us as well. Your balanced and awesome looking meals even out some of the crazy many of us bring to our meals.

Last night (girlfriend is away helping her parents), I had toast with peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff followed by Entenmann's Iced Banana cake all washed down with a big glass of U-Bet chocolate milk. Now, while I enjoyed it, I know that would never be a Babydoll-approved meal in any universe (especially with lunch earlier in the day having been French Toast cereal over yogurt and, and I'll just admit, more of said Entenmann's cake).

Harp

I'll Lock Up
You have been miss by us as well. Your balanced and awesome looking meals even out some of the crazy many of us bring to our meals.

Last night (girlfriend is away helping her parents), I had toast with peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff followed by Entenmann's Iced Banana cake all washed down with a big glass of U-Bet chocolate milk...

-thought I was a junk food junkie.;)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab

Last night (girlfriend is away helping her parents), I had toast with peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff followed by Entenmann's Iced Banana cake all washed down with a big glass of U-Bet chocolate milk. Now, while I enjoyed it, I know that would never be a Babydoll-approved meal in any universe (especially with lunch earlier in the day having been French Toast cereal over yogurt and, and I'll just admit, more of said Entenmann's cake).

Oh, good lord! Did you have Pepto for dessert?? :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Tonight: hickory smoked ham slices, roasted sweet potatoes, loaded baked potato casserole, roasted zucchini *or* baby Brussels sprouts (Hubby's choice - his veggie), and broccoli.

He chose Brussels sprouts. I got them at Trader Joe's. They were baby ones - about the size of a marble! Lily ate quite a few of them.

I sprinkled a tiny bit of cinnamon and brown sugar on the sweet potatoes for the last 10 minutes in the oven. The sugar caramelized. They are Hubby's new favorite food. He said to replace our traditional sweet potatoes smothered in toasted marshmallows concoction at Thanksgiving with them. That is huge!!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Last nite I am at my favorite watering hole and watching the Tampa Bay Rays rip through the Cubs when two attractive young ladies
enter the pub and order Long Islands, then proceed to discuss engagement rings. I was involuntarily drawn into their conversation, and Samantha
showed her bare finger; apparently the guy hadn't proposed after three years, and what should she do about that? I asked why he was hesitant,
and she said he was focused on other things.... Since the Cubs were being clobbered, I devoted my complete attention to Samantha's concern,
and could only offer a typical three-strikes and he's out. Didn't go over very well, but that's baseball. Had the oven baked chicken.;)

Fresh Gulf shrimp, sauteed in olive oil with garlic, onions, and tomatoes, served over fettuccini and accompanied by a salad of mixed greens with apples and pears in a balsamic vinaigrette. A Cahaba Brewing Co. American Blonde Ale accompanied.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last nite I am at my favorite watering hole and watching the Tampa Bay Rays rip through the Cubs when two attractive young ladies
enter the pub and order Long Islands, then proceed to discuss engagement rings. I was involuntarily drawn into their conversation, and Samantha
showed her bare finger; apparently the guy hadn't proposed after three years, and what should she do about that? I asked why he was hesitant,
and she said he was focused on other things.... Since the Cubs were being clobbered, I devoted my complete attention to Samantha's concern,
and could only offer a typical three-strikes and he's out. Didn't go over very well, but that's baseball. Had the oven baked chicken.;)

In our modern times, I do not understand why anyone would want to marry someone who doesn't want to marry them. Sure, some people need a nudge to do what they really want to do sometimes, but if the guy (or girl) doesn't want to marry you after enough time and hints - then why would you want to marry him or her? Life is great, but hard / marriage is great, but hard - I can't image going through them with a reluctant traveler. At least you had something to distract you from a not-good game.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Enjoying a day at home and fixing a lunch for a cool afternoon. Sausage with red cabbage and apples was on the menu. Brown mustard with fresh horseradish was added just as I sat down.

i-KrP9PVk-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
"washed down with a big glass of U-Bet chocolate milk.

I searched for the most authentic Egg Cream I could find (one correctly made with U-bet syrup) while in NYC, but didn't have much luck. Finally found a passable one at the Airline Diner, but an old New Yorker friend of mine still proclaimed it not exactly correct after looking at the picture. What do you think?
21270981_10159358623650077_3243479242659824289_n.jpg

I searched for the most authentic Egg Cream I could find (one correctly made with U-bet syrup) while in NYC, but didn't have much luck. Finally found a passable one at the Airline Diner, but an old New Yorker friend of mine still proclaimed it not exactly correct after looking at the picture. What do you think?
21270981_10159358623650077_3243479242659824289_n.jpg

Next time you're in NYC, my go-to place for an egg cream is Lexington Candy Shop (they also make an outstanding lemonade) on 83rd and Lexington Avenue:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points