Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Duck sausage, cast iron skillet fried green beans with bacon, side of couscous and pine nuts. Stella Artois as the tasty beverage to wash it down.
Trying to stretch the grill season as far as possible. Hopefully can log another month.

Pub pork chops with baked potato, bread, and ice cold Miller Lite.
Astros
can take this Series away from Dodge City.:D
I'm hoping for a game 7. No skin in the game other than wanting to see LA go down for absolutely mauling my Cubbies. Love the drama tho and nothing beats a game 7.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I'm hoping for a game 7. No skin in the game other than wanting to see LA go down for absolutely mauling my Cubbies. Love the drama tho and nothing beats a game 7.

I've no dog in the fight either; Riz and Bryant slumped simultaneously and the collective ennui finished the run. Ian Happ and Schwarbers are now trade bait for bullpen stock.:eek:
Cubs went deeper in post season play than I had expected. Game #5 against the Nationals was a classic baseball brawl.

I've no dog in the fight either; Riz and Bryant slumped simultaneously and the collective ennui finished the run. Ian Happ and Schwarbers are now trade bait for bullpen stock.:eek:
Cubs went deeper in post season play than I had expected. Game #5 against the Nationals was a classic baseball brawl.
You're absolutely right...the entire team hit a major skid...hitting was cold pitching was awful. If it weren't for Davis the cubs would've been swept right out of that series...They've got their work cut out for them this off season. Can't see Prior, er Arietta coming back. And I'd ditch 95% of that bullpen. Schwarber might be going back to Iowa!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
... If it weren't for Davis the cubs would've been swept right out of that series...They've got their work cut out for them this off season. Can't see Prior, er Arietta coming back. And I'd ditch 95% of that bullpen. Schwarber might be going back to Iowa!

Davis must be retained-Wilson's a busted flush and Edwards seemingly lost his edge, needs to find it fast and settle down to a consistency that has proved elusive.
Schwarbs, I'd hate to see banished to triple A, his bat is productive and he needs another season in the majors; Heyward, plate deficit golden glove, cannot be traded,
and, like Kyle over in Left, seems stuck in neutral. Schwarbs will probably never develop as a stud fielder and H less than expected with a bat now and forever.:mad:
Lester, Hendricks, Quintana, and somebody else, then Montgomery. Theo's the man. Things are gonna happen.:)

Davis must be retained-Wilson's a busted flush and Edwards seemingly lost his edge, needs to find it fast and settle down to a consistency that has proved elusive.
Schwarbs, I'd hate to see banished to triple A, his bat is productive and he needs another season in the majors; Heyward, plate deficit golden glove, cannot be traded,
and, like Kyle over in Left, seems stuck in neutral. Schwarbs will probably never develop as a stud fielder and H less than expected with a bat now and forever.:mad:
Lester, Hendricks, Quintana, and somebody else, then Montgomery. Theo's the man. Things are gonna happen.:)
You absolutely nailed it. Missed a guy like Fowler this post season too. They need a spark plug lead off man again! Man. How long 'til April. I resigned myself to slow cooked meals and Bears loses and now I want spring training and the promise of warmer, longer days!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21