Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Nursed a beer and watched Duke v Michigan State last nite at the bar after missing the 5:50 Rock Island by inches...:eek:
Duke's Grayson Allen played like a pro, nothing but net marksmanship and floor instincts of a much more mature young athlete.

Last edited:
I am making my World Famous salmon patties....okay self proclaimed but.....
Usually I have it with Mac n Cheese as I figure the healthy patties even out the artery clogging Mac n Cheese but tonight I am going all out healthy and having the patties with a cole slaw.

I am making my World Famous salmon patties....okay self proclaimed but.....
Usually I have it with Mac n Cheese as I figure the healthy patties even out the artery clogging Mac n Cheese but tonight I am going all out healthy and having the patties with a cole slaw.

Interesting. Never heared of Salmon Patties.

Interesting. Never heared of Salmon Patties.
Not sure it is a "thing" but maybe just something I made up....Salmon croquettes perhaps?
salmon, mashed potato, celery, onion, red pepper, grated carrot, lemon juice and a touch of garlic. If the potato is dry I may add an egg to help keep it together but oft times the potato will be the binder. Fry for a few mins on each side and voila, Salmon Patties....kind of like a poor man's crab cake. I make them with tinned tuna in a pinch but still call them salmon patties.

Not sure it is a "thing" but maybe just something I made up....Salmon croquettes perhaps?
salmon, mashed potato, celery, onion, red pepper, grated carrot, lemon juice and a touch of garlic. If the potato is dry I may add an egg to help keep it together but oft times the potato will be the binder. Fry for a few mins on each side and voila, Salmon Patties....kind of like a poor man's crab cake. I make them with tinned tuna in a pinch but still call them salmon patties.
I've had them before made from potatoes like that, but down here they're usually made with biscuit mix or corn meal. Either way, I've been eating them all my life and love 'em. I honestly don't know what else one would do with canned salmon. Feed it to the cat, maybe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've had them before made from potatoes like that, but down here they're usually made with biscuit mix or corn meal. Either way, I've been eating them all my life and love 'em. I honestly don't know what else one would do with canned salmon. Feed it to the cat, maybe.

I think that is where the recipe originated....tins of salmon, left over potatores, hunger and a question, what the hell am I going to do with this crap?

Harp

I'll Lock Up

I am going to steal this.:D Last nite after the Bears fell to the Lions I scrapped together a tuna casserole.
Not bad, but that and my sardine slam from college days comprise the fish menu; excluding Gorton's fish sticks.:(

Tonight, I learned that in a pinch (as in if it's too cold and dark to go to the store) Tennessee Pride hot and spicy breakfast sausage and ro-tel make a passable spaghetti sauce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points