• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by Rosie, May 31, 2006.

1. Rotisserie chicken from Costco with Mexican beans and rice.

I'm also trying out a potato diet. Which consists of a cold boiled or baked potato eaten plain (no butter, sour cream, etc) for breakfast and lunch at least three times a week. The key is that when the potato gets cold the starch and carbohydrates is removed or neutralized, so I'll see how well it works.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. We had a vegan friend over for lunch today and my wife cooked a strict vegan menu......so I had pork chops for dinner.....just pork chops!

Bamaboots likes this.
  3. Breakfast for dinner last night. Bacon, sausage, garlic country red potatoes, cheesey scrambled eggs, and toast.
    :D

4. Ross il-forn. It's a Maltese dish similar to baked ziti. I make it ahead and freeze it alongside other meals for the week, as my schedule has been busy up until now with the holidays. My stepfather's family is Maltese-American (hence my user name, Valletta Valentine) and they cook some amazing food that's also inexpensive to prepare. http://www.amaltesemouthful.com/baked-rice-ross-il-forn/

5. Niiiiiiiiiiice :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

6. Belgian sausage and chervil mashed potatoes. With Belgian beer, of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

vallettavalentine likes this.
  7. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Last nite it was salami on Ritz crackers with peanut butter; miniature Reese's peanut butter cups without sugar; and an Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate loaf;
    and 2 bottles of ice cold Diet Dr Pepper.
    I sure can cook.:D

vallettavalentine likes this.
  8. Salami and Ritz is a win....mmmmmm that makes me hungry! Then again, food in general does!

9. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

Will anybody here have turkey for Thanksgiving???? (I will hehe):p

Happy Thanksgiving dinner everybody! :D

[​IMG]

Fading Fast likes this.
  10. ^^^^^^
    This year we will! Last year we had pozole with the extended surrogate family, it's a Mexican pork and hominy soup (can also be made with chicken) garnished with cabbage, onions and radishes. :p :D

HadleyH1 likes this.
  11. Leave out the salami, put the sugar back in the Reese's cups and swap the Dr Pepper for Coke or Sprite and you have one of my girlfriend-is-out-tonight dinners. It's funny, Otis Spunkmeyer has all but disappeared from NYC, but I remember eating their cookies (a lot) back in the '80s and '90s.

HadleyH1 likes this.
  12. There will be pie... (one more in the fridge -- and only seven people).

[​IMG]

HadleyH1 and Bamaboots like this.
  13. TREEMAN

TREEMAN Practically Family

Turkey ?

HadleyH1 likes this.
  14. Steve27752

Steve27752 One of the Regulars

Bangers and mash, with peas and gravy.

Bushman and Bamaboots like this.
  15. My wife still cooks for twenty and we are down to seven. I think we ate maybe 10% so far ... ugh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fading Fast, Bamaboots and HadleyH1 like this.
  16. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

Oh My!!!! BobHufford ^^^ That looks totally delicious!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

BobHufford likes this.
  17. Stanley Doble

Stanley Doble Call Me a Cab

Last night made broiled salmon with rice and broccoli. Tonight made some 'tiny purses' or date turnovers, a recipe from the 16th century. They are quite tasty. Ran out of date filling so made some cherry turnovers using cherry pie filling to use up the puff paste.

BobHufford and HadleyH1 like this.
  18. 23926547_10214826961008046_4554554212284838725_o-1.jpg We had citrus-herb brined turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, cornbread dressing, roasted sweet potatoes with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar, butter sautéed green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls, olives, pickles. Choice of pumpkin or apple pie for dessert.

This was Hubby's first go-round.

Fading Fast, BobHufford and HadleyH1 like this.
  19. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 A-List Customer

YUM everybody! Gorgeous food!!!!!!! hmmmmmm :D

Very nice thank you for posting!

Trenchfriend and Babydoll like this.
  20. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Grilled Cod with mushy peas and mac and cheese.