Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

This morning while waiting for the 6.20 Rock Island I was talking to another passenger who mentioned Christkindlmarket's Gluhwein, served hot and spiced.
I replied that I've been meaning to stop by there and grab some bratwurst or Leberkase at least. Cold and snow certainly add ambience to a tight schedule.:mad:
Try tonite.:)
...if I was twenty years younger, would have asked her to accompany me to Daley Plaza.;)

I have no story that is as good as yours, but we have Gluhwein every Christmas season. And, yes, hot and spiced is the way to go along with sitting next to a fire. Years ago, we used to have to search a bit to find a store that carries it, now it isn't too hard to find.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Years ago, we used to have to search a bit to find a store that carries it, now it isn't too hard to find.

Last night Chicago wasn't too cold but a blustery wind flew off Lake Michigan, though since I'd been inside all day it felt wonderful.
My kind of weather. I arrived at Christkindlmarket, saw some wood carvings and Christmas mugs; thought I found the jackpot place for
one-stop shopping for the gals back at the office, and decided to get the ball rolling with some hot potato soup.
Then I flashed plastic at a "sorry, cash-only sir" Chriskindlmarket.:oops: Too lazy to hunt down an ALM inside Daley Center,
I left the plaza and will return Friday with cold hard cash. I should have known but I am so habitual with plastic.o_O

Last night Chicago wasn't too cold but a blustery wind flew off Lake Michigan, though since I'd been inside all day it felt wonderful.
My kind of weather. I arrived at Christkindlmarket, saw some wood carvings and Christmas mugs; thought I found the jackpot place for
one-stop shopping for the gals back at the office, and decided to get the ball rolling with some hot potato soup.
Then I flashed plastic at a "sorry, cash-only sir" Chriskindlmarket.:oops: Too lazy to hunt down an ALM inside Daley Center,
I left the plaza and will return Friday with cold hard cash. I should have known but I am so habitual with plastic.o_O

The outdoor markets like that in NYC used to be cash-only as well, but with the Millennials never having cash (and being either confused or disdainful when asked for it), most of the vendors caved and started, over the last year or two, taking credit cards (through various and awkward hand-held scanners).

HadleyH1

One Too Many
this

chicken wrap... Lord! it's so easy to do....roast chicken and salad and homus or eggplant sauce or avocado....plus tomato.....and all that you like inside.....plus that big round bread...here it's called Lebanese bread...

I'm having this tonight..YUM
not mine but looks like it

this

chicken wrap... Lord! it's so easy to do....roast chicken and salad and homus or eggplant sauce or avocado....plus tomato.....and all that you like inside.....plus that big round bread...here it's called Lebanese bread...

I'm having this tonight..YUM
not mine but looks like it

Do you like Döner Kebab, too? :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ