• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What's In Your Bathroom Library?

Discussion in 'The Reading Room' started by LizzieMaine, Aug 30, 2010.

1. tridentine

tridentine Suspended

2. I think I'm the odd man out here. I don't have any reading material in my bathroom, as strange as that may sound. I use the bathroom for whatever activity I deem necessary at the time and leave. I use the time spent using the toilet efficiently so there's barely time to begin to read anything.

3. Just be sure not to rush the process and strain too much. That's the way Elvis went...

4. Right now in the bathroom I have a 6 month old B&H Equipment catalog, 3 Videomaker magazines, a book on steam train rides and museums in the US and a disertation on the Lutheran liturgy.

5. DavidJones

DavidJones One of the Regulars

A British 1945 magazine "War in Burma", and a copy of a Sportsman's Guide catalog, which I don't remember how it got there.

6. Currently: "The History of the world Through Headlines". It's a book detailing world-changing events through the newspaper reports of the day.

7. CaramelSmoothie

CaramelSmoothie Practically Family

Eek! I have never thought about putting reading materials in the bathroom. Not only do I not spend enough time in there (less than 5 minutes thanks to a high fiber diet) but I would think it would be even unsanitary, with the holding of the books then using your hands for wiping, if you know what I mean, lol.

8. Try not wiping with the book or magazine.

9. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Buzz Rickson catalog.

10. Descriptive Catalogue of Kodascope Library 16mm Motion Pictures, edition of 1936.

Movie Comedy Teams by Leonard Maltin, paperback edition of 1970.

"The Investment of Influence: A Study of Social Sympathy and Service," by Newell Dwight Hillis, edition of 1907.

The New Yorker for June 5, 1943.

"Radio as an Advertising Medium," by Warren B. Dygert, edition of 1939.

11. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

"Of Mikes and Men," by Jane Woodfin, 1951. Stories of breaking into radio in the early years of the Great Depression.

Also this.

image.jpg

I've been plowing through this Eisenhower bio for months.

12. Did a spring cleanup of the Reading Room Library this morning and found --

The National Geographic March 2015 "War on Science" issue.

The Victor Master Book, Vol. 2 1925-1942 by Brian Rust, which I've been looking for all winter.

SPERDVAC Radiogram for October 2014, December 2014, and January 2015

"The People's Front" by Earl Browder.

"The Sheepskin Psychosis," by John Keats

Father Coughlin's Radio Sermons, 1930-31

"Jafsie Tells All!" by John F. Condon.

Liberty magazine for February 1, 1936.

"Love In America" by David L. Cohn.

National Broadcasting Company Office Telephone Directory, 1943

Comparative Religion, by A. C. Boquet

13. cw3pa

cw3pa A-List Customer

Finished "The Curse of Capistrano" (1919) by Johnston McCulley. Our introduction to Zorro. He'll put some swash in your buckle.
    [​IMG]

14. Bushman

Bushman Call Me a Cab

Mostly National Geographics and Time Magazines.

15. BriarWolf

BriarWolf One of the Regulars

Now there's a fun read! (Long time Zorro nut here)

Currently the throne room boasts a copy of Hoyle, The Hound of the Baskervilles, a Redwall novel (Rakkety Tam), and the Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy.

16. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

I hope someone's mentioned Groucho's remarks when he was locked in a bathroom in "Animal Crackers," "Let me out! Let me out of here! Or throw me a magazine!"

17. Blowtorch

Blowtorch Familiar Face

Guitar Center flyers , and "How to Survive a Sharknado"

18. Benzadmiral

Benzadmiral Call Me a Cab

Same here, though if I have a particularly fascinating book I don't want to put down, I bring it along. Leaving magazines or books in there would be a recipe for moldy pages, as no matter how good your A/C is here, there is still residual dampness, and more moisture from the shower.

AmateisGal likes this.
  19. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Accidental Saints: Finding God in All the Wrong People
    Nadia Bolz-Weber

Also Revolutionary Road

20. HanauMan

HanauMan One of the Regulars

Sorry, I'm in the minority here; I don't read in the bathroom.

I do have a radio in there though!

AmateisGal likes this.