Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
C-dot said:
My mother will only wear Hanes wedgie-frees. I bought her a pack as part of her birthday gift this past April, and she was so happy!
As comfortable as they may be, regular boy shorts serve my purpose, and they're much cuter. I guess my bum must be the right shape for them :rolleyes:

i think i have a "junk in the trunk" issue and that's what causes the wedgie action.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Delia's Gone said:
There are so many things to figure out, different styles of girdles/belts/whatever, plus I don't want to spend a zillion dollars or buy vintage until I'm sure I like wearing stockings better than pantyhose.

Head to your local department store - Buy cheaply until you figure out what style, denier, brand, etc. that you like best. As for fully-fashioned, one of the most recommended sites on here is What Katie Did. Check it out!

Trust me when I say you will never go back to pantyhose ;)

*martini*time* said:
i think i have a "junk in the trunk" issue and that's what causes the wedgie action.

Who says that's a bad thing? :D

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
*martini*time* said:
When i was in massage school we had to pick our favoite muscle group and i picked my glutes. I think people have serious misconceptions about bums. I love a big bum. I consider it one of my best ASSets. ;)

Girl, you "crack" me right up lol

I have one of those round, stick-out bums. I like it, especially in pencil skirts. Tiny or really flat bums actually freak me out.

*ahem* Back to garter belts! :D

maybelaughter

Familiar Face
*martini*time* said:
I find that no matter what, when i wear any sort of dress, my underpants seem to wiggle into my butt crack. I feel like a lady but when i constantly am digging my underpants out from my butt i don't feel so lady like.

Another recommendation for underthings that actually stay where they belong: Jockey's No Panty Line Promise Tactel panties. I've only ever bought the 'string bikini' type (they fit much higher on me than on that model... I'm a bit on the short side, though), but they're pretty much amazing. They have this same basic panty in all of the fits/styles, and I would assume they all have the amazing "no butt crack wiggling" abilities that mine do. They're super comfortable - and the best part is that they actually stay beneath my big butt cheeks, like panties should. They're made a bit differently, it's almost like there's a pocket for your bum, so there's plenty of fabric to cover it properly (unlike 99% of the panties in the world...). They're the only things I'll wear with skirts/dresses. I don't like cotton undies, and these feel nice, not like cheap "12 for $6" sort of undies. That could be because they're not cheap, but I've bought all of mine at a Jockey outlet store, where they have really good sales, and a much better color selection than online. (jewel tones!) I like that they're cute, without being overly sexy/cutesy/trashy, nice and simple but not too boring (nice fabric, great saturated colors), and most importantly - stay where they belong!

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Seamed pantyhose?

I know pantyhose are sort of a no-no over here, but I figure it's still the best place to ask.

Has anyone tried the seamed pantyhose? Someone recommended me the ones made by Leg Avenue, but was wondering if anyone has tried and what you thought.

Thanks!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
American Apparel has seamed pantyhoses in different colors. I have AA stockings and they are of very high quality.

If you can get your hands on Wolford, I would choose them (Individual 10 Back Seam & Robina Thights). The best hosiery I have come across.

All stockings & pantyhoses I have from both of these companies have held up so well, they look like new and that says something if it comes from a klutz like me :p.

I purchased 1x from Leg Avenue and will never again. So cheap - the quality and the look.

Inky

One Too Many
SweetieStarr said:
I know pantyhose are sort of a no-no over here, but I figure it's still the best place to ask.

Has anyone tried the seamed pantyhose? Someone recommended me the ones made by Leg Avenue, but was wondering if anyone has tried and what you thought.

Thanks!

I personally don't care for stockings and don't wear them, but now and then I like a seamed hose as well. Kamikat recommended Foottraffic.com and I ordered the black and nude cuban heeled "tights" from them. I've worn them each two or three times and they've lasted about a year now. They come in regular and plus size on their website, under the "tights" section, but they are pantyhose.

texasgirl

One Too Many
I bought a pair of the Leg Avenue ones, but I haven't even taken them out of the package. The seam is weird, can't explain, but doesn't look right. I've kept them for an emergency. I have worn the Berkshire ones a couple times. They run small though, so get bigger than you think. Mine ran quickly, but I think it may have been because they were too small. I used to wear some from Hanes, but they have stopped making them, but you might be able to find at Ross or TJMAxx or similar- they were called French heels I believe, but had cuban style.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
C-dot said:
They are great, but so expensive! :eek:

Wow...i checked out their website...i am SO rushing there this weekend. I would go today, but it's snowing. It might be time for their thigh high socks too! Brr...

Edited to include BURNING question: Okay ladies, i'm ready...ready to invest in a rago obg. I love the one posted earlier from orchardcorset but here is my question. In order to get the right "look" when you are between sizes, do i go UP a size or DOWN a size. I'm a 33 waist with 43 hips...sizing charts confuse the hell outta me. Any advice for a girl? also, does it matter how tall you are? like waist to where my stockings sit? will that affect anything?

SayCici

Practically Family
C-dot said:
They are great, but so expensive! :eek:
For what it's worth, their items are typically of high quality and are made within the United States.

Man, I bought a vintage bullet bra and went down a cup size like ladies suggested in the sizing thread, and I couldn't fill it! Blow to my ego, haha (A cup :(). Luckily the seller is going to let me return it and get most of my money back. I should have ordered straight from Secrets in Lace instead of trying to save money. :rage: I guess I have to throw the pads in there, too!

Countess

New in Town
I've been a stockings wearer for quite a while and I'd been wrestling with a regular deep suspender belt for ages. They look great ... just not on me. I have a Mum-Tum, so no matter how deep the suspender belt was, it always managed to slide down to underneath the tum and make me look and feel even bigger than I am.

So I bought a girdle.

I am converted :D

Lenore

Practically Family
Can't find the perfect fitting undergarments? Alter them!

Mwahahah! I just bought a Playtex 18-hour bra in a 34D (they don't make my size of a 32/30 DD), and had my MIL alter it by taking it in slightly between the cups and slightly on each side... I'm in love. I'm off to the outlet this week to get more. :-D

Now to find the perfect knickers....

Old Navy's hipsters are winning the race there....

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I've heard good things about them playtex bras. They may be un-sexy but the siloutette is what's supposed to look sexy right? would everyone recommend one?

For those ladies who have ordered from Brabarella, how long does shipping take? It says air service to canada and i ordered on the 9th and it's still not here. I alloted for the extra day because of Thanksgiving here...but I still haven't got it...I'm getting ansy...i want to get my girdle!

Lenore

Practically Family
*martini*time* said:
I've heard good things about them playtex bras. They may be un-sexy but ...

Un-sexy? My husband's pounced on me more in the last three days than he has in a month! I think he likes the vintage-y look! ;)

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Lenore said:
Un-sexy? My husband's pounced on me more in the last three days than he has in a month! I think he likes the vintage-y look! ;)

Then maybe a full coverage bra is what i'm lacking in my love life. Thanks for the tip hun. I'm going to the bay tonight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider