Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's On Your Vanity Table?....

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Ada Vice said:
This is what I do and hate it so much! :mad: In hindsight I should have bought a dresser I could sit at it with a stool. :rolleyes:

Electrical appliances in the bathroom do scare me, though I think (immic) the States have lower voltage so it's safer for them to do this??

Very sweet MissElainey and it works, which is the most important thing really. ;)

It is generally now in most electrical codes in the states that outlets need to have surge protectors in bathrooms. I know it was an issue when I sold my last house as it was built in 1907 and was not totally updated in its electrical.

mentha

Familiar Face
I just bought an old vanity and I'm totally in love with it!

kaptafel.jpg

kaptafel2.jpg

Unfortunately it's still in my spare room, because my wardrobe is still in the bedroom, right where I want the vanity to be. My parents are coming over in a few weeks to help me move the stuff around and then I can start putting things in place. Until then: enough time te decide on what I want to have on the vanity and find some nice ebay steals to dress things up :)

mentha

Familiar Face
Jasmine Jolene said:
And Mentha - beautiful. i just love it. i wish i could budget better to include vintage items that cost more than £20!

Thank you :) It was actually quite a steal. I figured about 600-700 euros (what's that in dollars/pounds?) but the man in the shop said 125!!! I immediately said: wrap it up, it's coming with me! Then he spens a week cleaning it and making keys for the doors and now it's in my house and I'm totally in love :) Can't wait to put it in its designated space and fill it with pretties and trinkets :)

mentha

Familiar Face
I'm actually not quite sure what kind of wood it is, seems like a nut of some sorts. I'll see if I can make a better close up later this week :)

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
mentha said:
Thank you :) It was actually quite a steal. I figured about 600-700 euros (what's that in dollars/pounds?) but the man in the shop said 125!!! I immediately said: wrap it up, it's coming with me! Then he spens a week cleaning it and making keys for the doors and now it's in my house and I'm totally in love :) Can't wait to put it in its designated space and fill it with pretties and trinkets :)

that really is a steal! even i could probably swing to that much for something i really like!

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
mentha said:
I just bought an old vanity and I'm totally in love with it!

kaptafel2.jpg

Unfortunately it's still in my spare room, because my wardrobe is still in the bedroom, right where I want the vanity to be. My parents are coming over in a few weeks to help me move the stuff around and then I can start putting things in place. Until then: enough time te decide on what I want to have on the vanity and find some nice ebay steals to dress things up :)

How pretty, I love the drawers hidden in the cupboard :)

I picked this up yesterday for £18.00 :D

5040832937_173125bd51.jpg

5040833051_dc315b26e7.jpg

It came with the cover, but it's not the original curtain as it just kind of sits over the whole thing and isn't very practical as you can't get into the drawers without lifting it up.

I think I'm gonna find some nice fabric and make it a look a bit like this, does it look movie star enough? :)

5040958007_cdff91d120_m.jpg

I'm also open to ideas on what kind of mirror would be appropriate??

Annichen

Familiar Face
Ada Vice said:
How pretty, I love the drawers hidden in the cupboard :)

I picked this up yesterday for £18.00 :D

5040832937_173125bd51.jpg

5040833051_dc315b26e7.jpg

It came with the cover, but it's not the original curtain as it just kind of sits over the whole thing and isn't very practical as you can't get into the drawers without lifting it up.

I think I'm gonna find some nice fabric and make it a look a bit like this, does it look movie star enough? :)

5040958007_cdff91d120_m.jpg

I'm also open to ideas on what kind of mirror would be appropriate??

You might want to try peach colored mirror, very 30s, VERY movie star:D

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
oooh peach could be nice, I was thinking of changing my bedroom colour scheme, it's currently lilac and aubergine but I quite fancy coral and a light turquoise. :) (although my chandelier is purple and clear glass hmm.. :eusa_doh: )

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ada Vice said:
oooh peach could be nice, I was thinking of changing my bedroom colour scheme, it's currently lilac and aubergine but I quite fancy coral and a light turquoise. :) (although my chandelier is purple and clear glass hmm.. :eusa_doh: )

Great vanity! You could also go coral, turquoise and accents of purple, I have notice in most 30s decorating articles they didn't limit themselves to only 2 colors.

I like peach mirrors too, nice warm color.

Lenore

Practically Family
Bump!

Such a fabulous thread that I've been looking for it for ages for inspiration. I thought some of our new loungers might find it interesting.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
On my vanity table I have a silver jug with very realistic fabric roses ..... several spiritual books..... my watch, my bracelets, my silver cuffs ...

and most important

an oval silver tray full of French Perfume bottles that I wear everyday.... the most amazing French Perfume you can imagine! :D

I should take a picture some day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21