Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your alltime favorite movie?

Twit

One of the Regulars
All time favourite is pretty difficult, but picking two is easy... La Haine, epic film; but probably my favourite ever, has to be Ferris Bueller's day off, utter genius! I can watch it over and over and it has me laughing every time.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Love Brazil....
A well thought out movie, even if many don't think so.
Of course the re-routing of the sewage hose on one of the workers was a bit alarming. :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Oh my. Favorite of ALL time???

It used to be Princess Bride. "Inconceivable!"

Now it's a toss-up between State Fair (the Dana Andrews version) and Laura.

Guess I have a thing for Dana Andrews. ;)

george

New in Town
I'm a bit of a film lover. It might be It's a Wonderful Life for me. But there are still many others I want to see from the past, like The Big Sleep and Chinatown and also Casablanca (so please don't spoil them for me, ha). I also enjoy contemporary movies, but not all of them. Some are just too cheesy and/or lack substance. Some don't seem to think you need a great story for a great film.

Oh my. Favorite of ALL time???

It used to be Princess Bride. "Inconceivable!"

Now it's a toss-up between State Fair (the Dana Andrews version) and Laura.

Guess I have a thing for Dana Andrews. ;)

That's OK, I have a thing for Gene Tierney. Plus, Laura is my wife's name. A couple of years ago I downloaded about a dozen versions of that song for her birthday.

Seabiscuit is inspiring, plus some great hats in it!

eldredbucknor

Banned
My all time favorite movies are: Mission Impossible, The Mummy, Snake In The Eagle's Shadow, Gone In 60 Seconds, Speed, Fast Five and Final Destination 5.

Jeese..there are so many to try and narrow down to just one.
In my early youth...it was 'The Old Man And The Sea'...the Disney classic 'So Dear To My heart'....'High Noon'...'Friendly Persuasion'...all shown in the 1950s style majestic movie theaters with balconies..glittering stars on the ceiling. Technicolor!
At a later age...'Gone With The Wind'...'Dr. Shivago',of course...'Jerimah Johnson'...' The Shootist'...'The GodFather I&II'..all movies that I can easily watch over and over again.
HD

Last edited:

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I lean towards westerns, my picks would be The Searchers or The Wild Bunch. All time non-western too many to name, Dirty Harry, Deliverance, Freebie and The Bean

davidraphael

Practically Family
I lean towards westerns, my picks would be The Searchers or The Wild Bunch. All time non-western too many to name, Dirty Harry, Deliverance, Freebie and The Bean

It's weird, I'm a big movie fan - I'm even a screenwriter - and I'll happily watch anything put in front of me, but of all the genres, I never really got much out of westerns. Don't know why. Shame really, because there are some absolute gems out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points