Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whats your favorite aftershave splash on fragrance?

green papaya

One Too Many
Im looking for a bottle of old fashioned after shave lotion to give me that vintage well groomed fresh feeling after a shave & hair cut

which one do you prefer? Bay Rum, Pinaud clubman, Brute, Old Spice, Aqua Velva ,other?

Kmadden

New in Town
My favorite after-shave used to be Old Spice.
Not anymore — since they switched from porcelain to plastic bottles.
Plastic has a chemical affect on after-shave and perfume — and actually alters their fragrance.
I used Old Spice since high school (and I'm 62 now), but I haven't bought it since the change a few years ago.
Now it's kind of sweet-smelling and it no longer has that really great Old Spice fragrance.

Last edited:
Paul Sebestian, cologne and after shave. Very clean mild aroma.
It seems to have an affect on older woman... Works fine for me. Your results may vary. LOL
Best regards
CCJoe

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This stuff is great and women love it, but the smell just doesn't last. I wish they would turn it into a cologne.

I mainly use Old Spice. When did they switch to plastic? I have a bottle I bought last year and its glass.

I have a bottle from about four years ago that's glass. I use it after I shower/shave, but not on my face. I use it as a one-time body thing. I'm getting low so I was planning to run out and purchase some more. Not if it's plastic!

I use witch hazel on my face after a shave. And that's it. However, I do put Pinaud Bay Rum into a spray bottle cut 50/50 with water and spray one squirt on my shirt each day. Love the smell of that stuff.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Old spice. I have both the cologne and aftershave, not that I use either everyday (I also prefer old spice deodorant. I am pretty loyal to the brand.)

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
Cuba brown. It has an old time barber shop scent that I remember my dad wearing. Has hints of peppermint and black licorice. Discovered it by accident at a flea market a couple of years ago and now get my supply from eBxy. Also, like Tommy Bahama. It is a mild scent that does not come on too strong. Cheers

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
This stuff is great and women love it, but the smell just doesn't last. I wish they would turn it into a cologne.

It doesn't last? Quite on the contrary, I always feel like I have to be very careful not to use too much of the Pinaud after shaves. They are more like colognes to me and using them as a splash would give me headaches. Actually, I wear the Pinaud as a cologne sometimes. But I couldn't use it as an after shave. You know these old women who are so heavily scented that they give you a headache just from passing you by? That's how I would feel if I was using the Pinaud as a splash.

My favorite after shave splash is the Spanish Floïd.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well, all the mentioned are nice, and at one time I actually used Jack Daniel's as a after shave, but as I do not drink and refrain from purchasing that sort of a beverage, I no longer use it as an after shave. I have used Giorgio Beverly Hills Mens Cologne for years now. It last a very long time, and is masculine. It is not actually made any longer, but there seems to be an available stock of it floating around.

EJW

New in Town
I was wondering about that. I hadn't used it in years (maybe 40 or so) and when I bought some recently I noticed it just didn't seem to be quite the same as I remembered it. I find that the Pinaud Bay Rum has a mild scent that's not overpowering and reminds me of the 50 cent haircuts when I was a kid. The barber used to use a little after trimming sideburns and neck with a straight razor.........very exciting for a kid!

jkingrph

Practically Family
There are so many I like, Musgo Real #2 Oak Moss. Dominica, Oleaga, or Turtle Bay, bay rums( less clove than Pinaud), Tabac( a somewhat stronger Old Spice type) Proraso, Floid blue T&H Trafalgar and 1805 just to name a few.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Funnily enuff, my boss saw some bottles of Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum in a local chemist the other week, said I'd dig the packaging, and I picked up a 12oz bottle for just £2 ($3)... guess there's no call for it around here! It's just a shame that the cheap plastic bottle and slightly askew label devalue what I think is actually a very nice, light aftershave (which is probably why it ended up on clearance)...I've just been dabbing a little behind each ear of a morning and, although it doesn't really last long, I'm very much enjoying wearing it. And I've never worn cologne or aftershave before.

yhst-16274294850213_2220_4044995__40051_zoom.jpg

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I've never been much for aftershave or cologne. I find witch hazel does the trick nicely without the perfumy after-smell. My father was an Old-Spice man, so on the rare occasion that I do use an aftershave it's usually Old-Spice, very sparingly. Though I have taken lately to using Old-Spice body wash, and really enjoy the subtle, slightly spiced aroma it leaves behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points