Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When you're not dressed vintage...

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I usually wear a guyaberra with a t-shirt underneath. For pants, I just put on a pair of jeans. Sometimes khakis, but mostly jeans. The guyaberras do require ironing. So if I feel really lazy, I just go out in a t-shirt and jeans. I do tuck in my t-shirts. If I am really really lazy, I won't even fix up my hair, and will wear a ball cap. For shoes, I have a few choices depending on if it's a guyaberra day, and what color it is. I will either wear brown or black shoes. Never tennis shoes though. I only own one pair, and I cut the grass in them. In the summer, I usually spend one week at OC NJ. when I am there, I break out the shorts. Still wear the t-shirt tucked in and usually sandals.
I hate wearing shorts though. I have skinny, hairy, chicken legs.

Chad

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Since I don't have a photo of my relaxed work wear I just show this shot.
sugarmen.jpg

This is about what I look like out doing a field survey minus the sledge hammer. Like I said, Carhart Man.

Hey! Those are Buzz Rickson Men!

I'm like both of them- that's my daily style to a tee- with a leather.

B
T

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Just wanted to say I'm very impressed by the number of people who are able to wear vintage 100%! My hat's off to you!
Its really amazing how good the vintage items look- that goes especially to Wild Root and Vladimir Berkov- not to slight the ladies, but mens clothes are usually too worn out for the rag bin before a guy will toss them, so finding vintage is challenge.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I remember you posting that picture awhile back, BT.

I don't really like the zip front demim work shirt.

Right nowI have on dungarees, my new matress ticking shirt (white with blue pin stripes), brown leather Garrison Belt, and my Captoe Russet Army Service Shoes topped off with a brown herringbone 8 1/4 Newsboy cap....I'm a dashing specimen of a 1939 workman if I say so myself.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Hmm.. I thought it was kind of cool!
But you really can't beat a sledgehammer as a fashion accessory!

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Lately, thanks to Paddy, I've been wearing R.M. Williams boots with khaki pants and a dark blue short sleeved sport shirt, tucked in, and a khaki web belt. Pretty casual, but compared to everyone else I pass on the street, very classy and put together.

I thought I'd invented a new look, but one of the ladies I work with showed me a picture of Clark Gable from the mid '50's and he's wearing essentially the same outfit, so I guess its not that original, but it sure is comfortable and neat looking.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Biltmore Bob and I are on the same page: Everything I own is Vintage inspired.

What I hope to do after this rush is over is gather up all the vendors who make Vintage style clothes had have links hosted for them on The Fedora Chronicles, and allow everyone who wants a copy of that page to use that for their own websites.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Flitcraft said:
Hmm.. I thought it was kind of cool!
But you really can't beat a sledgehammer as a fashion accessory!

It really adds "weight" and slims the figure. ;)

I myself where modern wear, but with vintage flair, it just happens that todays pants and their cuts fit me better in the legs. Also, I where alot of collaared shirts, oxfords, and kinda clothign you would where on vacation. I also where real rugby jerseys and soccer ones too. I am modern, but referencing the past. But always: :cool:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
When not wearing vintage...

Unless I'm doing a particularly dirty job, like building decking, digging a pond out and general DIY, gardening..etc (where I wear the oldest, scrappiest clothing and dungerees), I tend to dress 'smart-casual' as seen in the pics below. My parents came over to stay with me, so these pics reflect a couple of things we did together.
MumBill033.jpg

MumBill015.jpg

varga49

One of the Regulars
Who else hangs their t-shirts up in the closet instead of folding them and putting them in a drawer? [IMG said:
http://www.thewingnut.com/images/personal/car.jpg[/IMG]
Thank God I'm not the only one...I iron em too!..that's not a bad thing is it?

Daily wear?? It's my old blue jeans, (sometimes blue jean shorts hey! it get's hot here!) t-shirts and boots usually, as my daily "work on the farm" clothes! When I dress for work at the shop...it's my old blue jeans, silk shirt, and comfortable shoes!

Since joining this forum...I've been getting the itch for a good vintage doublebreasted suit and maybe some wingtip shoes. that's not a bad thing either is it? :p

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Still keep my beach wear vintage....brrrrrrrr!!!!

JUST getting a 'wee' bit cold these days to be swimming in the sea off the Northumberland coast (winds come off the arctic and Norway).
Even the Polar Bears around here are wearing Cashmere to keep warm.

But when I do indulge in a bit of splishing and splashing..., well, it's got to be 'vintage' all the way folks (plus these days you can pick up decent 30s/40s styled men's trunks (well that's what we limeys call them!!! I suppose 'trunk' has a different meaning across the pond! LoL).
Anyway, just a 'snap' of me on the beach one day in my 'everyday' beach wear (of course!!!! in your dreams Paddy)
021022.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Haha. No, I think I may have been stopped or going realllly slowly. It was during a period when I was putting a picture a day on my blog of random things. I took this because I "borrowed" this hat from a friend, so it was kind of a gag.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Urgh...I hate trucker caps. This one girl I know always where this Von Dutch hat, and it bugged me.
It's like a cat reacting to the sound of the can opener=food. Trucker hats=that girl's annoying voice.

ray

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I was really biting my tounge on that cap. :p Glad to know it was borrowed.

...and what a sad thing Von Dutch has become. The master pinstriper died penniless, and now people are becoming filthy rich off of his name. I still have shirts that I bought before Britney and the rest of the trend whore crowd made the brand popular, I hesitate to wear them now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk