Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are you going tonight

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Riding out this Canadian freeze; Lounge lurkin', and listening
to The Milt Rosenberg Show on Chicago's WGN 720*AM.
Tonite's show is Victorian Literature with Loyola University
English profs Lawrence Poston and M. Clarke. :)

(I can't bear to listen to any Bears talk prior to this weekend)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chad Sanborn and his girlfriend, Mary, met up with my wife, Anne, and me yesterday afternoon to make the hand-off of the traveling hat (see the thread on the Globe Trotting Hat Road Trip). We took a tour of the "state hospital" (and, I'm glad to report, everyone made it off the locked wards without too much trouble :) ). following our "hat business", we visited one of our local establishments, where we spent several hours getting to know each other over drinks.

Chad is the first FL member that I have had the opportunity to meet face-to-face, and I would recommend to everyone to make an effort to meet fellow members whenever possible. If other FL members are half as nice as Chad and Mary, then this is indeed a fine group of people. As time and situation permit, I hope to be able to meet other FL members in the not too distant future.

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
I went to class and it was canceled! I am mad as heck!

It takes me two hours to go and two hours to get back. I could have been doing productive things (instead I filled out eleven Sudoku puzzles from my book).

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

Just got in from a big dinner with a bunch of friends from work at a thai restaurant.

Satay chicken with peanut sauce
beef salad
thai noodles with shrimp and cheese curd
green curry chicken with noodles (I ate mostly this)
green beans with portobello mushrooms

All doused with about 30 ounces of Westmalle Tripel. It was so gooooood.

Now I am going to sit and play blocks with my 2 year old.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
~

Was planning on meeting up with a new girlfriend I have been chatting with, she suggested a "sports bar" which I was like "huh? whatever..."

I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb but my new friend Wendy showed up, had a couple of beers and some really bad potato skins. It was kinda fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto