Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are you going tonight

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Today... tonight...

Today I have to clean up and head to the grocery store, but after that, I will be home all night taking care of household chores, photoshoots, and other business related goodies. Yay! :-/

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Going to an information session for the newly reconstituted Master's program in Library and Archive Management at Columbia. If all goes well, I could be the best dressed archivist on the East Coast by 2008...

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Miss Sis said:
Today is my birthday so the BF is coming by after work and I will cook us some dinner.

Looking forward to a quiet night!
A very Happy Birthday to you, Miss Sis! I hope it's wonderufl! :) :)

Steve

Practically Family
Tonight I'll be taking photos at a formal dinner for my church's 18-30 study group. It should be fun; I'm looking forward to it.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Looking forward to a rather crowded July. Tonight we're off to a concert and dance called The Roaring 40's. All dressed up of course. Tomorrow there's an ongoing monthly gig at hotel in the town of Bournemouth. A big crowd of us gather there, great atmosphere, great music and great company. If we get up in time we may go along to drive & jive. It's held at a truck stop near Portsmouth. Huge English breakfast for five pounds, then dance it off. Plenty of fifties cars on display. But it starts at eight am and finishes at one pm. As it's an hour's drive away and a late night tonight, we might give that one a miss this month.

Next week is the annual Festival called: "Poole Goes Vintage." An all day event with bands, stalls where all sorts of vintage clothing, shoes, hats and bric-a-bras are sold. Plenty of Quayside cafes and bars. Just need a good sunny day. The car has been booked for that one.

The following week we'll be at another vintage event called The Blackout Party. Similar sort of thing to The Roaring 40's.

And at the end of the month we really have a tight schedule. My Godson and his wife are in the area and want to take us out for a meal, that's on the 28th. The following day we have an 80 mile drive to attend a very good friend's retirement party from the police force, an all afternoon event with a band, (in his small garden) good job the neighbours are invited.

Then it's a rush back home to be up on Sunday, so that we can go down to the promenade on the sea front, breakfast with a gang of friends and then stroll along the prom, occasionally doing a flashdance. In other words, set up the music and do an impromptu dance to the amusement of the passers by. Like I said, busy month.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Then it's a rush back home to be up on Sunday, so that we can go down to the promenade on the sea front, breakfast with a gang of friends and then stroll along the prom, occasionally doing a flashdance. In other words, set up the music and do an impromptu dance to the amusement of the passers by. Like I said, busy month.

Sounds like a wonderful schedule. I'm jealous. I'm spending my month repairing 52 failing septic systems. Well, I'm jealous of everything save the flashdance thing. My appearance would frighten small children were I to douse myself with water, and I haven't worn heels in years. (actually I have never.)

I am assuming that you are talking about something like this:

flashdance.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That is brilliant, and, given that there are a number of showers along the beach front for bathers to rinse the sand off. What we are about is something known as 'Flashmob.' It's usually musicians appearing out of nowhere, playing anything from a well known classical piece to a popular song. We took that inspiration and instead of singing, we dance. Here's how the army did it in the UK city of Birmingham. I could watch it all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points