Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's my Cocktail?

Mojito

One Too Many
This is a question I often ask myself. And friends. And family. And people I dislike. And anyone within hearing.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
You might like to think about upping the sugar and Grenadine a very small amount each, but be careful of overbalancing the drink. A slightly larger touch more rum might be a safer option than the grenadine.

And to answer your initial question: it's in the American Bar at the Savoy. Just let me know when you want it.

[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]You might like to think about upping the sugar and Grenadine a very small amount each, but be careful of overbalancing the drink. A slightly larger touch more rum might be a safer option than the grenadine.

And to answer your initial question: it's in the American Bar at the Savoy. Just let me know when you want it.[/QUOTE]

More rum. Now there's the answer. When it doubt add more liquor. ;) :eusa_clap
I would probably add more grenadine though to fill in the liquid missing.

Regards,

J

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
More rum. Now there's the answer. When it doubt add more liquor. ;) :eusa_clap
I would probably add more grenadine though to fill in the liquid missing.

In this case I was thinking that the molasses base of the rum would take some of the acidic edge without being as directly sweet as either the sugar or grenadine. The drink is going to need to hold on to it's basic flavour matrix, and I think trying to balance out the two opposite qualities so dramatically is liable to be less successful than using the ingredient in the middle.

Besides, I like rum. :p

Senator Jack said:
Who started this ridiculous practice of sugar rim on Sidecars? Ten years ago, I had to tell every bartender how to make a Sidecard. Now they all say they know how to make it, but I have to tell them, 'NO SUGAR RIM!' It's like having to say, 'No ketchup on my eggs, please.'

I knew I could get you going if I mentioned that. :p

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21