Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's my Cocktail?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
K.D. Lightner said:
Oh, you guys and gals, making me miss San Diego and the oyster shooters I used to down at the Fishmart.

And, here in Iowa, if I want a decent martini, I have to tell the bartender exactly how I want it: extra dry gin, ice cold, a spritz of extra dry vermouth, shaken not stirred, and four olives.

One restaurant gets it right. I still make them better, though.

karol

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Late to the party on this thread but it is great. Makes me want to hit some sweet watering holes and try some adventurous new libations. NYC in particular has such cool night-spots, I'm envious!

Mike in Seattle

Lady Day said:
Everything is online!

www.vintagecocktails.com

faq1_r1_c2.jpg

LD

Hmmm...no recipes or anything - apparently just advertising his Vintage Cocktail classes and bartending/catering...oh look - he makes Sidecars with sugared rims! :eek:

BegintheBeguine

Bedtime reading

I acquired the book Louis' Mixed Drinks: With Hints for the Care & Serving of Wines, 1906. Here's a cocktail receipt: St. Mark's Cocktail - Take two dashes of orange bitters, one liqueur-glass of Grenadine, and two liqueur-glasses of Plymouth gin. Fill the mixing-glass with ice; shake well and strain into a cocktail-glass.
Sounds good.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mike in Seattle said:
Hmmm...no recipes or anything - apparently just advertising his Vintage Cocktail classes and bartending/catering...oh look - he makes Sidecars with sugared rims! :eek:

Yeah I know, sucks huh? But at least there is someone trying to keep the art alive, even if twists are added.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko