Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which is your favorite G-1?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi,wanted to share my g-1s.
Lost worlds about 10 years old and Cockpit's USS Forrestal purchased last year.

IMG_3671_zpsi7xkgqwr.jpg
Welcome to the lounge Turk558!
Those are a couple nice G-1's you have there. I picked up a Lost World G-1 on eBay earlier this year and it is one of my favorites.

Turk558

New in Town
Welcome to the lounge Turk558!
Those are a couple nice G-1's you have there. I picked up a Lost World G-1 on eBay earlier this year and it is one of my favorites.

That was a great eBay score.
I would like to have another one but I'm a big guy and it is hard to find the larger sizes.
Lost worlds have went up in price over the years and a new g-1 is about 300 dollars more.
I got the Cocokpit on sale for 25% off. ( And I removed all the labels from the inside so it is clean)

thor

One Too Many
Just scored a LW G-1 in size 46 off The 'bay at about 1/4 the cost of a new one. The fit is perfect and the thick goatskin is buttery soft. Great workmanship (as usual with Lost Worlds). I've always wanted a LW G-1 to add to my collection and now "mission accomplished"! :)
IMG_7837.JPG

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's awesome Thor! I picked one up earlier this year from an eBay auction as well. When I first stumbled onto it, it was holding around $150.00 and I thought I might be able to walk off with the deal of the century. That was wishful thinking on my part, by the time the bidding frenzy was over and the dust cleared I had paid about half of what I would've for a new LW. Nonetheless I am very happy with my jacket as well and I have to agree with you, Stu makes a very nice G-1.

thor

One Too Many
IMG_7899.JPG
IMG_7898.JPG
Here on the East Coast a heavy rainstorm cooled the temps down to the mid-60's so I got to wear my Lost Worlds G-1. I replaced the slightly worn/stretched mid-brown knits with some NOS burgundy-brown heavy duty cuffs and waistband. I love the contrast between the seal brown goatskin, the burgundy knits and the vintage honey blonde collar. This newly acquired LW G-1 has leapfrogged to the head of the class in my G-1 collection!

Fonzie

One Too Many
Mine ELMC G1
d0195b1e756713040998cca9ba344f25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mate, you're leather jacket collection is nothing short of impressive, great styles and nailing the fit every time.
I don't understand how you do it living in Queensland, I lived in North NSW for a while and could only wear outerwear for about a month a year max before poaching in heat and humidity!

Thuggee

Practically Family
Mate, you're leather jacket collection is nothing short of impressive, great styles and nailing the fit every time.
I don't understand how you do it living in Queensland, I lived in North NSW for a while and could only wear outerwear for about a month a year max before poaching in heat and humidity!

I've lost 30kg in the last 12months and really feel any drop in temps people can be walking around in shorts and I'm cold (my wife thinks I'm nuts) the jackets encourage me to keep the weight off as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Thor, that's a great looking jacket, well done! My LW G-1 is my all time favorite in terms of fit and quality, even though I've been told that it's not the most accurate repro. I don't care, I love it.

El Marro, that's awesome! Blue knits really look great!

I've got a C series G-1 from '69 with knits that are a mix of olive green and mid-brown thread that looks really cool but is moth eaten very badly. Can't find good replacements. Maybe I'll get some blue knits from MASH instead.

I really want to try an Eastman timeworn G-1, mainly because getting some character out of good goatskin will take more years that I've got!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I just received this original 1963 Irvin B. Foster G-1 today from John Chapman from his sales page. It is in amazing condition for a jacket almost 55 years old and fits me much better than the G-1 issued to me in 1967 when I was in the US Navy. Since John and I are similar enough in size, I can generally determine whether or not a jacket will fit me by the way it fits him. I did the same thing awhile back when I bought a Chapman/Himel Ventura from him. Of course his pictures are far better than my selfies, although I can say that the fit for me is definitely better than good!

2017-07-28 15.47.34.jpg 2017-07-28 14.24.34.jpg 2017-07-24 18.04.37-1.jpg 2017-07-24 18.04.37-10.jpg 2017-07-24 18.04.37-4.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana