Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Vanson model is this?

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
Morning All,

This is the jacket in question. I can't figure out which Vanson it is, or is based off if it's a custom job.

Cheers

Furrowson

Looks like something from the cop line, The Force or something. These are often customized so it doesn't need to be an exact match for what's on the site but the general style and the features fits with the description. Though it really could be anything.

I was thinking the same as monitor. Maybe a modified CHP. Sleeves look off to me. Really short or something.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It definitely looks like a mixup of several Vanson models. The front looks similar to my CHP, with two small pockets instead of belt loops at the bottom and no zippers on the hand warmers. The back is nothing like the CHP however, it looks more like the Enfield with no buckles at the bottom. I agree with Ton312 that the arms look too short.

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
Cheers for the replies guys. I thought it would be some kind of mashup. Interesting to hear your thoughts on the sleeves. I hadn't noticed that.
The front pockets where the belt loops should be are weird.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree that the small pockets are an odd feature. I'm not a big fan of the belt loops on my CHP, but I would certainly not replace them with two tiny pockets. I looked back at the photo of this jacket again and it reminds me of a black leather kimono.
Furrowson, if this jacket is along the lines of what you are after in a Vanson, I cannot recommend the CHP highly enough. It has a bit of a rebel feel, but you can wear it around without feeling like you should be holding a guitar or straddling a Harley.

The sleeves are okay, they're just short and wide. That's another reason why I think it's something from the Police line.

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
I agree that the small pockets are an odd feature. I'm not a big fan of the belt loops on my CHP, but I would certainly not replace them with two tiny pockets. I looked back at the photo of this jacket again and it reminds me of a black leather kimono.
Furrowson, if this jacket is along the lines of what you are after in a Vanson, I cannot recommend the CHP highly enough. It has a bit of a rebel feel, but you can wear it around without feeling like you should be holding a guitar or straddling a Harley.

Thanks El Marro. I'm just browsing around for something affordable and black for the time being, but I do like this style from Vanson. Ideally, something without belt loops, visible/non-black brass tacks (or whatever you call them) or zip sleeves would be perfect. I like the Raid a lot. Glad to hear you're a fan of the CHP. It is a very cool jacket. I also like the Enfield from Vanson and think I might wear something like that more often, but if something my size, black and very affordable came up I'd probably take the plunge knowing I could sell it on without a loss.

I kind of like the sort of 50s style sleeves on this one tbh, but they do look a bit short. This jacket wouldn't fit me, I'm just wondering where I might find one that would.
Thanks @Monitor, I'll have another look at the police line.

Cheers for all the replies folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points