Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which watch

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Looking for a new watch, something to sport say from casual business to general weekend wear. I love guilloche work, but sometimes it may seem too something, maybe affected is the word. So here are three I am looking at

Number 1, silver face, quilloche work and this is a dark brown watch and 42mm. Worried it may be too big for my 6 7/8" wrist. Can dark brown work with black dress shoes if I do wear say a grey suit? Not many brown dress shoes in my arsenal

The black banded watch has lumed hands and lumed dots at the hours. Is this too casual for dress? 34mm watch and this one is the only one with a buckle closure, the other two have a deployant clasp.

The other brown watch has a simple face and also is like the first one, but no quiloche and a white face. It has a deployant clasp and is 42mm

Comments, suggestions?

Last edited:

viclip

Practically Family
I think any of the 3 Tissots would be fine for casual business. However for sport/weekend use I'd suggest shopping for one with a metal bracelet, leather straps soon begin to show the effects of hard use. Bracelets are acceptable for casual business, but consider the Milanese type for a more formal look. Just my 2 cents.

Vince in Philly

Familiar Face
Watches with white dials and leather straps are typically considered formal, and a black strap is more formal than a brown strap. All three would be acceptable for business wear, but some would say they are too formal for casual wear. The current trend is toward large case watches, and 42 mm is now common, but may be too large for your wrist. I'm happier with a 38 mm watch myself. If possible you should visit a local dealer and try them on. If the lugs overhang your wrist then the 42 mm is too large.

CSG

Familiar Face
Why not a vintage Omega or Hamilton (or similar)? You might look into the various pilot watches out there too. This one from Archimede would suit casual business and weekend wear plus it's a modern version of the vintage Flieger German pilot watch but in an easy to wear size. Disclaimer - I own one of these:

ua7969-a4.2_1.jpg

http://www.archimede-watches.com/pilot-39-h-light-brown-leather.html

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Looking for a new watch, something to sport say from casual business to general weekend wear. I love guilloche work, but sometimes it may seem too something, maybe affected is the word. So here are three I am looking at

Number 1, silver face, quilloche work and this is a dark brown watch and 42mm. Worried it may be too big for my 6 7/8" wrist. Can dark brown work with black dress shoes if I do wear say a grey suit? Not many brown dress shoes in my arsenal

The black banded watch has lumed hands and lumed dots at the hours. Is this too casual for dress? 34mm watch and this one is the only one with a buckle closure, the other two have a deployant clasp.

The other brown watch has a simple face and also is like the first one, but no quiloche and a white face. It has a deployant clasp and is 42mm

Comments, suggestions?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RAD...600906?hash=item5b2fd65a4a:g:hpMAAOSwImRYFFGB

Check out the entire line of clean used Rado watches...personally in my opinion they have far more quality to them then the Tissot mid range price watches and for a lesser price tag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana