Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whiskey

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I'm not a fan of whiskey at all (I like the smell but loathe the taste) but my husband loves Glenfiddich so I just got him a 12 year bottle - he's had the 15 year and has liked them both - I'll get him a bottle of the 18 year next.....

Aaron Palm

New in Town
I've wanted to try the Anchor Distilling rye but can't justify the price until I start my 'real' job.

A friend introduced me to Rittenhouse 100 proof a few years ago and that's been my favourite except it's getting hard to find. However, Old Overholt is a surprisingly good rye and, for the price (15 dollars in California!) an amazing bargain.

Iyor

One of the Regulars
I recently got whiskey called corsair. Its 100% rye and its really good. I also have a preference for belvedere intense vodka also made of rye.

Derek Cavin

One of the Regulars
I've been interested in trying whiskey and this has been a tremendous help. I went to the "package" store, as its call here in Georgia, this Saturday to check the inventory. Being a beer drinker, the prices of whisky surprised me. I'm ready to try, I just have to get something I hope to like and not pay too much for at this point.

JAVIER

Practically Family
For me its a little Gentleman Jack... Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey has a rich, full flavor with a hint of fruits and spices. Since the whiskey has been twice mellowed, the finish is particularly smooth, warm and pleasant.

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I've been interested in trying whiskey and this has been a tremendous help. I went to the "package" store, as its call here in Georgia, this Saturday to check the inventory. Being a beer drinker, the prices of whisky surprised me. I'm ready to try, I just have to get something I hope to like and not pay too much for at this point.

I think Buffalo Trace is one of the best "value" whiskeys that I've run across. Excellent, smooth taste and goes down very nice. At $20-$22 per bottle here in Iowa, it's always in my liquor cabinet.
BuffaloTrace_1.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
I want to thank whoever it was that mentioned the Evan Williams Black Label. I usually prefer Maker's or Woodford Reserve but I picked up a bottle of EW a few weeks ago to try and was pleasantly surprised. It's great bourbon for $12 a bottle.

Populuxe Cowboy

New in Town
I'm a fan of American bourbons. A few of my favorites are Maker's Mark, Jefferson's, and Bulliet, but I'm always trying something new, too. I just got a bottle of Dead Guy Whiskey from the Rogue Distillery in Oregon. It's interesting. It's distilled from the sweet wort of Rogue's Dead Guy Ale. I can't say I'm loving it, but I'm not hating it, either. I feel like it needs to age just a little longer, like the flavors are fighting each other instead of blending together.

Last edited:

Tony from Tulsa

New in Town
I'm a big fan of single malt Scotches. My wife bought me a bottle of Laphroaig 10 year cask strength a couple of years ago, and whoah-nelly, Was it good! I like Talisker and Ardbeg as well, but I really like the peaty, smokey, slightly salty goodness of Laphroaig. If you haven't had a chance to try that one, try it out sometime.

Mr. Bingley

Familiar Face
tony, if you like the peaty yumness of Laphroaig then give Lagavulin. Lagavulin is slightly less peaty but fuller.

Volpone

New in Town
I'm also a fan of American bourbons, but I think that the Irish regulars are better, their sweet is close to perfection ( not speaking of high-end whiskies, from both sides ). Cheers !

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I hope no one minds my putting in of one without an "e".

I love whisky and most of all single malts. My favourites tend to be the Islay malts with Laphroaig and Ardbeg being particularly special to me.

Scotland and Canada prefer to make whisky, Ireland and the US whiskey. I have no idea why! Any other regional preferences? Is there a reason for the spelling difference?

steve the hat guy

New in Town
Currently I have Five different types in my cabinet

Crown Royal: It is big here in Texas , but I have it because it was my father’s favorite drink and when I am missing him I will have some and listen to Sinatra

Johnny Walker Black : My good basic scotch. Nothing to fancy

Jameson 18year reserve: This was a birthday present from my eldest son. I would never spend $100 on a bottle of booze

Single Malt Scotch: Not sure the brand, I am not a single malt guy , I think it lacks depth of flavor, but a friend said it was excellent and brought me a bottle when he came over for dinner.

Makers Mark : This is the first time I bought it and I like it but will continue looking for different types of bourbon.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I'm open to trying almost any kind of brown liquor at least once. When I'm buying it for myself, though, I look for a seven year old (or older) straight sour mash bourbon. I also prefer the lower proofs...the minimum 80 being ideal...because I tend to drink and not sip.

For daily relaxation, I like Makers Mark or Jim Beam Black. I like them because they have a dry, toasted-grain taste that appeals to me. I really don’t much care for sweeter bourbons like Knob Creek and Elijah Craig…but that is just me. I know that they are both excellent brands. For special occasions, I keep a bottle of Blanton's or Russell’s Reserve in the cabinet. But I have to sip those high-end brands. At 90 proof, they’ve got a bit more horsepower than my normal drink.

I've posted this photo before, but I still like it. Can't you just feel your blood pressure falling looking at it?

housephotos020.jpg

AF

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk